Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1039
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need a little help please!" Previous topic | Next topic
robbiebray Registered since 11th Nov 2009Mon 21-Dec-09 12:55 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Need a little help please!"

GB

Hi,

I have recently bought a D3000 and am steadily learning with fairly decent results. I am determined to make the jump and not use the full auto mode so have decided to limit what I do to M, A and S priority and not get too excited if I make several mistakes. After all, a mistake costs me only time and a bit of frustration! I would be grateful if someone could offer me some advice or guidance on the following.

If I am shooting indoors in aperture priority mode in pretty good natural light conditions, I get the flashing '?'. After I select flash (and here's my question), the exposure meter on the screen and in the view finder goes to full right deflection. My EV is still at zero and it doesn't matter what I do, it stays there. Is this normal or am I missing something?

I'd be grateful for any help.

Thanks

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Mon 21-Dec-09 06:21 PM
50742 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Need a little help please!"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 21-Dec-09 07:37 PM by Asgard

East Frisia, DE

Hi Rob and Welcome to Nikonians.

don´t worry about it. It´s normal and correct.

It shows the underexposure, which is correct.

This underexposure is now correct by the speedlight when you press the shutter-release.

Edited to add some more info.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

robbiebray Registered since 11th Nov 2009Mon 21-Dec-09 07:42 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Need a little help please!"
In response to Reply # 1

GB

Thanks very much, I feel better now!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #1039 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.