nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5100 Downloads Pix Out of Order

grnzbra

Springfield, US
377 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
grnzbra Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011
Sun 24-Aug-14 08:22 PM | edited Sun 24-Aug-14 09:44 PM by grnzbra

I just returned from a trip through Europe where I shot about 2500 pix on a 64GB card. I downloaded them using a Kodak 50 IN 1 card reader. When I looked at the card in Windows Explorer, there were three folders on the card. I didn't look at the pix while they were on the card and, unfortunately, the card has been reformatted.

I started in Lightroom and imported the first folder and processed the pix. I found that I had pix from almost the entire trip in that first folder of 1000 pix. When I looked at the second folder, I found copies of many of the pix in the first folder but not all of them. In addition, there were quite a number of pix in the second folder that were not in the first folder.

Is there some kind of setting in the camera that tells it to make backups? If so, why only some of the pix in the first folder? Could it be something else?

Oh yes, the pix on the third card appear, at first glance, to be what I would have expected. All from the last city and none from the other folders and none that appear here appear to be on either of the first two folders.

Another Oh Yes: For the first part of the trip, I was shooting in continuous mode so I was running 3 or 4 exposures at a time. I was doing this because in Venice there were a lot of birds flying very close. Anyway, in the next city, Vienna, I recharged the battery and the voltage converter blew out the charger. Luckily, I got enough of a charge before it blew to carry me through the rest of the trip but I was shooting only single shots. However, If that was causing the problem I would have expected to see the problem with only Venice and Vienna. But it exists with Munich and Berlin as well. Only Amsterdam appears to be the way I would expect.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D5100 Downloads Pix Out of Order Puddlepyrate2013 Moderator
25th Aug 2014
Reply message RE: D5100 Downloads Pix Out of Order grnzbra Silver Member
25th Aug 2014
Reply message RE: D5100 Downloads Pix Out of Order DS256 Silver Member
25th Aug 2014
25th Aug 2014
Reply message RE: D5100 Downloads Pix Out of Order agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
25th Aug 2014
Reply message RE: D5100 Downloads Pix Out of Order DS256 Silver Member
25th Aug 2014
Reply message RE: D5100 Downloads Pix Out of Order briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
25th Aug 2014
25th Aug 2014
Reply message RE: D5100 Downloads Pix Out of Order JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
26th Aug 2014

G