nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bad Memory Card?

boldventure

Rock Island, US
7 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
boldventure Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Oct 2012
Fri 19-Oct-12 10:54 PM

I recently put a new 32GB Sandisk card in my D5000. I took about 40 pictures but only the first 31 came out. The others showed on the preview screen, but after the camera was turned off, they disappeared. The screen said "File does not contain image".

I copied the card to my PC, re-formatted the card, and took 33 pictures as tests, turned the camera off and on. Again, the first 31 came out, etc.

I put a new 4GB Sandisk card in and tested it the same way, and all pictures stay on the card.

Is this just a bad SD card? When I download the entire card to Nikon ViewNX, the pictures that didnt show say that the software cannot read the format.

Any help is appreciated.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment #1, ( file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Bad Memory Card? OnTERRYo Silver Member
19th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Bad Memory Card? Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography
19th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Bad Memory Card? boldventure Silver Member
20th Oct 2012
     Reply message RE: Bad Memory Card? Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography
20th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Bad Memory Card? 2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest
19th Oct 2012
20th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Bad Memory Card? JosephK Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit.
20th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Bad Memory Card? boldventure Silver Member
21st Oct 2012
21st Oct 2012

G