nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Hello from Tennessee

Hexad Tom

US
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Hexad Tom Registered since 19th Oct 2012
Fri 19-Oct-12 08:00 PM

Hi all,
I am a new member and not really a photographer. I joined to get some advice about buying a camera for my daughter. She has 3 cameras, including a superzoom and takes lots of pictures. She joined a camera club, but her cameras don't have the functionality needed to get the most out of the club discussions. She wants a DSLR with lots of manual control and I have decided to get her a D7000 for Christmas (I don't want her to grow out of an entry level model and want a better one). I don't know whether to go new or used.

If I decide to buy a new one, I can get it now with a $200 discount from Nikon, or I could wait and hope for better deal during the pre-Christmas sales. What do you think the chances are of Nikon or distributors having another special deal before the end of the year?

If I go used, I have to worry about whether it is an import that she would have trouble getting service on. Any advice about how to ensure that a used camera is a US model? Anything else I would need to consider when buying used?

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Hello from Tennessee