Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D7000 Auto-Focus won't...Auto-Focus

Konman

CA
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Konman Registered since 03rd Oct 2012
Thu 04-Oct-12 10:40 PM | edited Thu 04-Oct-12 10:43 PM by Konman

Hey everyone!

Okay, first topic.

Please don't throw any stones just yet, but...I'm having some difficulty getting my D7000 to make that little zzzzztt! noise like I know it should, where it automatically zeros in on the subject? 39 automatic focus points, right?

Anyway, as a result, all of my first shots I've had to focus manually. I started when I was in high school with a Canon AE-1, so I know how to do that pretty well.

I have the 18 - 105mm lens that came new with the camera, and I know it has its own limitations, so I'll mention that I'm not trying to do capture the wings of an insect in full macro or anything...I'm just experimenting with various subjects at various distances.

I've been consulting the manual and playing with and understanding a lot of other features, but despite following the directions and consulting YouTube videos and stuff...it's still a no-go.

I was hoping one of you experts could set me straight with a quick line or two, 'causing me to smack myself in the head and go, "Ohhhhh, of course!" or something. I was hoping.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D7000 Auto-Focus won't...Auto-Focus

G