nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Inconvenience of bayonet lens hood & petal lens hood

PRSS

Madurai, IN
290 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PRSS Registered since 10th Apr 2012
Wed 03-Oct-12 08:43 AM

Hello everybody

I do not know whether others are also experiencing the same problem. I am an addict of polariser when it comes to outdoor photography.

My 55-200mm Nikon DX lens came with a bayonet lens hood. While it does it's job and also looks nice, when it comes to using a polariser, I have to remove the hood, adjust the polariser and again put back the hood.

And my 18-55mm Nikon DX Kit lens came without a hood. Here I tried to hunt for a suitable hood, but all of them are petal shaped. Again when using a polariser orientation of the hood changes(obviously) when I rotate the polariser. Even worse, this lens has a rotating front part for focusing (whereas the tele zoom does not rotate). So I am forced to use this lens without a lens hood.

Any opinions or advice on this?

thanks in advance
PRSS

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Inconvenience of bayonet lens hood & petal lens hoo...

G