nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New guy here with a what would you buy question

borism68

US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
borism68 Registered since 04th Jul 2011
Tue 05-Jul-11 01:11 PM

Hi there Nikonians
My name is Boris, I am new here, I am actually a Canon shooter I posted this on the New Member section but did not get much response or traffic.
So here it is
Ive decided to sell my Canon gear, reduce my Gear list to a more compact, friendly, lighter and practical combo.
During this I asked myself why not switch to Nikon and start from the scratch?
So here is my question:
If you decide to choose a D7000 body and have a budget of 4500$ (including the body), what would you buy?
I have very little to none Nikon experience and not extremely familiar with the line.

A bit of a background: I have been shooting digital for around 5 years, I consider myself an advanced amateur, Ive learned a lot and realize that I have to learn a ton more.

My Canon gear included Canon 5dc, Canon 30D, Tamron 28-75 f2.8, 50 1.4, 85 1.8, Tokina 100 2.8 macro, EFS kit lens duo (18-55 and 55-250) , Flash 580EXII and 430EXII, some yongnuo flashes and stands, soft boxes umbrellas that I will keep etc.
I shoot a bit of everything, Travel, Portraits, some events like first communions and some Softball and soccer.
My wife looked at me with a "you are crazy" look yesterday
I know the grass is not greener at the other side of the road, but I think it might be fun and great learning experience for me.
Can you guys help? Advice is needed.
Thank you in advance
Boris

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New guy here with a what would you buy question

G