Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell Worldwide topic #305
View in linear mode

Subject: "Fundraising for photography project - The 12th Man" Previous topic | Next topic
joetothphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Oct 2009Fri 29-Oct-10 02:06 PM
164 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Fundraising for photography project - The 12th Man"

UK

First let me say that I have no idea where to post this, but seeing as I am trying to sell an idea for fundraising this seems like the logical spot.

My name is Joe Toth, I have been a member of this board for the last year and a photographer for nearly 18 years. I cover sports and news in the United Kingdom, emphasis on sports. I have always been intrigued at what sort of atmosphere fans can bring to a sporting event.

I also feel that we put to much attention on the athletes and not on the people who make them the superstars they are.

So my project is plain and simple. I am going to try and photograph as many fans as I can from football teams in the United Kingdom for a gallery showing, website, and possibly book.

However, a lot of this planning and work will cost. Mainly the travel across the United Kingdom and all other costs associated with multiple photo shoots. I have teamed-up with a non-profit organisation online, www.kickstarter.com, that allows people all over the world to back projects. I have set a certain amount I would like to raise over the course of 90 days. If I meet my target I get my funds for the project, if not, the people who donated the money lose nothing.

The positive thing for you - there are incentives to donating. For certain amounts donated, you will receive various items. There is something in it for everyone.

I have always hated asking for handouts, but as a photographer, funding for future projects always needs to come from somewhere.

If you are interested in hearing more about my project or know of anyone else who might be, please contact me or pass on my contact details. I am very passionate about making this happen in 2011 - 12.

Thank You For Your Support,

Joe Toth

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell Worldwide topic #305 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.