Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell Worldwide topic #207
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
Jay74 Registered since 06th Aug 2009Sun 28-Feb-10 05:08 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX"
Sun 06-Jun-10 09:25 PM by reuben

US

Like new. $699 + shipping. PayPal only please.

I purchased in August from B&H with USA warranty. Lens is great but I decided ultra wide was not for me and the return deadline had already passed. I took about 20 photos total and it's been packed back in the box ever since because I've been too busy/lazy to advertise. Warranty card is blank, still have original receipt. Long time pbase member: www.pbase.com/nkhare . Contact me through Nikonians.

Thanks,
Jay

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX
TEDDYREX
20th Apr 2010
briantilley Moderator
20th Apr 2010
     Reply message Your reply, with data on FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ...
TEDDYREX
20th Apr 2010
          Reply message RE: Your reply, with data on FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4...
briantilley Moderator
21st Apr 2010
               Reply message AAAaaahhhh, the wonderful head ache that accompanies t...
TEDDYREX
21st Apr 2010
               Reply message RE: AAAaaahhhh, the wonderful head ache that accompani...
briantilley Moderator
21st Apr 2010
                    Reply message REX's head ache and the "learning experience"!
TEDDYREX
21st Apr 2010
               Reply message Search for a PC lens, seen here a fortnight ago.
TEDDYREX
21st Apr 2010
               Reply message RE: Your reply, with data on FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4...
TEDDYREX
25th Apr 2010
bearo4982 Silver Member
23rd Apr 2010
Jay74
27th Apr 2010
Reply message SOLD
Jay74
06th Jun 2010

TEDDYREX Registered since 06th Mar 2010Tue 20-Apr-10 03:55 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX"
In response to Reply # 0

Anderson, US

Hello! I'm so new here that I don't even know
what my $75 bought me, as concerns a Gold /
Silver etc. level. But I am very glad to have met
you! I brought back with me from Viet Nam 3
Nikons, all "F", and very manual (!!) My widest
lens is is a very old 28mm. I'd like to go wide,
and your lens is very suitable for me. TWO ques-
tions. 1. Will a lens such as yours allow me to do
all of my favorite manual tricks, and not mess me
up? ( I am MUCH more clever than any "smart" lens!)
2. And if it WILL work, would you consider $599,
with you paying shipping to Indianapolis...or we could
split it? RSVP via Nikonian, or ABC4V@YAHOO.COM Thnx.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Tue 20-Apr-10 10:31 AM
29019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX"
In response to Reply # 1

Paignton, GB

Welcome to Nikonians!

If you'll pardon the intrusion, I will try to help out here

There are two main issues with using a lens like the 10-24mm on an older film camera.

Firstly, the 10-24mm is a "DX" lens, which means it is designed for Nikons like the D300, D90, D5000, etc, which have a sensor that is much smaller than a frame of 35mm film. With the lens on a Nikon F, you'll get pictures with the corners cut off.

Secondly, the 10-24mm (like all newer Nikkors) is a "G-type" lens. This means it has no aperture ring and on a camera like the F you would have no way of controlling the f/stop

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

TEDDYREX Registered since 06th Mar 2010Tue 20-Apr-10 02:28 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "Your reply, with data on FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX"
In response to Reply # 2

Anderson, US

THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXPERTISE!! So, here am I, really desiring that w/a/zoom, but owning the wrong body. SERIOUS QUESTION : what is the least expensive"D" body you'd advise that I can use, and also use my manual lenses? Thanks. Rex.

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 21-Apr-10 02:12 PM
29019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Your reply, with data on FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX"
In response to Reply # 3

Paignton, GB

Hi, Rex.

If you're looking to buy new, the D300s gives you the most flexibility with manual focus lenses. Lower-end cameras like the D90 and D5000/3000 limit your options for metering, though Ai and Ai-S lenses do mount, and will work in some modes.

If you'd be happy to consider a used camera, the D200 would be the cheapest option that still maintains full capability with non-AF lenses.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

TEDDYREX Registered since 06th Mar 2010Wed 21-Apr-10 02:28 PM
#5. "AAAaaahhhh, the wonderful head ache that accompanies the "learning experience"!"
In response to Reply # 4

Anderson, US

Thank you all, greatly. I DO want manual focus. My home-work
will be on the -200 and -300 types. I do not require speed, but do
like to compose from the viewfinder (does stop-down still work on
these D- machines? I do not require auto-focus either.) And, lastly,
will my work-horse 50-300 zoom (1967 mintage) work at-all on the
digital bodies? Thank you all, again. Rex

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 21-Apr-10 02:46 PM
#6. "RE: AAAaaahhhh, the wonderful head ache that accompanies the "learning experience"!"
In response to Reply # 5

Paignton, GB

I think we're straying from the purpose of the "Want to Sell" forum, so to take this further I'll direct you to our D300/D200 Forum and Manual Focus Lenses Forum.

The best of luck with whatever you decide

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

TEDDYREX Registered since 06th Mar 2010Wed 21-Apr-10 03:14 PM
#7. "REX's head ache and the "learning experience"!"
In response to Reply # 6

Anderson, US

My!! With 642 pages, I may be up late tonight, studying! THANK YOU !!

TEDDYREX Registered since 06th Mar 2010Wed 21-Apr-10 03:27 PM
#8. "Search for a PC lens, seen here a fortnight ago."
In response to Reply # 4

Anderson, US

Hello, Brian.
My initial experience with Nikonian was in my search foe a wide-angle, zoom PC lens -- and I found it here, first try. The price was US$1260, I believe, and when I had returned after finding those funds, I had lost track of the seller of the lens. Can you help me know where to search? Thank you. Rex.

TEDDYREX Registered since 06th Mar 2010Sun 25-Apr-10 10:39 PM
#10. "RE: Your reply, with data on FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX"
In response to Reply # 4

Anderson, US

Dear Brian,
I am in the midst of doing a LOT of shopping, and I find myself continually
referring to you comments and suggestions. Again, Thank You Kind Sir for
your welcome "intrusion" into my newbie questioning. I'll be having fun!! Rex

bearo4982 Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2006Fri 23-Apr-10 07:45 AM
16 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I'd like to buy your lens if it's still available.

Jay74 Registered since 06th Aug 2009Tue 27-Apr-10 06:35 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: FS: Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX"
In response to Reply # 9

US

I'm finalizing a sale and will post here when that's done or if it falls through.

Jay74 Registered since 06th Aug 2009Sun 06-Jun-10 07:56 PM
#12. "SOLD"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Item sold.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell Worldwide topic #207 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.