Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7886
View in linear mode

Subject: "Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics" Previous topic | Next topic
Bela614 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2004Thu 12-Sep-13 08:39 PM
295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics"

Bellingham, US

Hello,
Can a person make a panorama in Photoshop CC using images from Photomatics HDR process?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see" Henry David Thoreau
(1817-62)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics
mnbuilder49 Moderator
13th Sep 2013
tcerul
13th Sep 2013
esantos Moderator
13th Sep 2013
Bela614 Silver Member
13th Sep 2013
four eighty sparky Silver Member
13th Sep 2013
StevenPituch
15th Sep 2013

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Fri 13-Sep-13 12:34 AM
3039 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

In CS6 it is possible. I would imagine it would work in cc also.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

tcerul Basic MemberFri 13-Sep-13 12:36 AM
422 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

Hardy, US

I don't use Photoshop to assemble Panoramas from HDR images but do it regularly with Hugin. My procedure, Lightroom edits to bracketed photos then synchronized, moved Photomatix for HDR, then Hugin for Panoramas. Just the way I've always done things even though Hugin can handle the entire process. I can't think of a reason it wouldn't work with Photoshop.

Tom
From Beautiful Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Fri 13-Sep-13 01:24 AM
11378 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

I have done this numerous times. Just to be clear my process is to take several exposures 2 EV apart as I capture a typical panorama. Each image in the panned sequence is captured with the intent to make it an HDR blend. I then process each frame of the panorama as I would any other HDR image using my favorite program Oloneo PhotoEngine. I then bring each of those HDR TIFFS into Photoshop and hand stitch them into a panorama. The key is to use the exact same adjustments in Oloneo PhotoEngine as I process each HDR frame so that I get a smooth blend in the stitched pano.

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

Bela614 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2004Fri 13-Sep-13 02:09 AM
295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics"
In response to Reply # 3
Fri 13-Sep-13 02:11 AM by Bela614

Bellingham, US

Thank you all for your help. I am going to give this a try tomorrow. Thank you for the information.
Bill

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see" Henry David Thoreau
(1817-62)

four eighty sparky Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2011Fri 13-Sep-13 08:33 PM
1390 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I've created several HDR panos.

Just do the HDRs first, then use them to stitch the pano.

My toys: A pair of gripped D600s, Sigma 8mm circular fisheye, Sigma 15mm full-frame fisheye, Tokina 17/3.5 SL, 17-35 2.8D, 24-85 G, 24-120/4G, 28-200 D, 50/1.8D, 50/1.8G, 70-200 2.8 G VRII, 70-300G, 105/2.8D Micro, 500 f/8 Reflex: Sigma 600mm, Celestron 2000mm: PB-6 bellows, Nikon 1.4 and 1.7x TCs, auto macro tube set: SB600: Manfrotto 055XB/804RC2/390RC2 & 560B-1: Gossen Starlite: Easy-Up AP1500: 40' WonderPole

Visit my website.

StevenPituch Registered since 17th Aug 2012Sun 15-Sep-13 12:23 AM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Panorama Using HDR Processed Pics"
In response to Reply # 5

Corpus Christi, US

I have just figured out how to do this. I just did a 5 frame sweep with brackets for -4, -2, 0, +2 and +4 for a total of 25 images.

I exported them (TIFS) one sweep at a time into Hugen. I first processed the zero compensation sweep because all the frames were readable and it was easy for Hugen to auto generate the control points linking the common elements between adjacent frames. Hugen then made the zero compensation panorama and I saved the PTO file.

I then renamed the +2 compensation files to correspond exactly with the original names of the previously used zero compensation files. I then ran them through Hugen with the PTO file from the zero compensation frames. I did this for the remaining three other sweeps.

This served two purposes:
1) It made the final geometry of the five sweeps identical so they would be easily used for HDR later (because I used the same PTO file), and
2) It permitted Hugen to make compensation points for frames that were unreadible, either very dark or very light. Otherwise it would bomb out.

Once I ran the five sweeps through Hugen and generated the five panoramas, I ran them very easily through Photomatix.

See here:
http://pituch.smugmug.com/Portfolio/Seascapes/i-33nmbrT

Sorry if this is not clear but I am just getting to understand what I did myself.

Regards,
Steve Pituch

Visit HTTP://pituch.smugmug.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7886 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.