Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7692
View in linear mode

Subject: "Asian Food Court" Previous topic | Next topic
Chouapao Registered since 07th Nov 2012Fri 19-Apr-13 02:03 AM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Asian Food Court"

US

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Wed 24-Apr-13 01:53 PM
3926 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Asian Food Court"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

The shot looks too yellow to me. I also might try it zoomed in a little more to try to minimize the wide angle distortion that is most noticeable in the closest table.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

polarpics Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Jan 2013Wed 24-Apr-13 02:40 PM
235 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Asian Food Court"
In response to Reply # 0

Ontario, CA

Chang - I've found that the D600 auto WB is not always at its best for some interior shots. The fluorescent lights can be difficult to deal with and this seems to be your main light source. Also was this hand held - there seems to be a general lack of sharpness to the picture. Good try as available light photography is demanding

Bill

Cold weather photography makes a VR lens your best friend. Think violent shivering.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Chouapao Registered since 07th Nov 2012Thu 25-Apr-13 03:43 PM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Asian Food Court"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hi Larry and Bill,

Thanks for the info, and you guys are right, this is handheld and yes I should have not used Auto WB, forgot about the fluorescent lights on top. I should have stood in the middle and zoom more to get less distortion.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7692 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.