Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7643
View in linear mode

Subject: "HDR Image of Golden Temple" Previous topic | Next topic
Britbear Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2002Sat 23-Mar-13 03:17 PM
462 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"HDR Image of Golden Temple"

Suburban Chicago, US

Wide angle shot of a Sikh devotee at the Golden Temple in Amritsar, India made from a single NEF file processed in Photomatix.

Barbara
Facebook.com/Barbara.Colbert2
My Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple
tekneektom Gold Member
23rd Mar 2013
esantos Moderator
24th Mar 2013
Britbear Silver Member
24th Mar 2013
amszterpeter
24th Mar 2013
Britbear Silver Member
24th Mar 2013
amszterpeter
24th Mar 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator
25th Mar 2013
Bump57 Silver Member
27th Mar 2013
Britbear Silver Member
27th Mar 2013
lukaswerth
16th Apr 2013
Britbear Silver Member
16th Apr 2013
lukaswerth
17th Apr 2013
JimKing
10th May 2013
Asgard Administrator
10th May 2013

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Sat 23-Mar-13 03:28 PM
1883 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Outstanding!

Tom

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002Sun 24-Mar-13 01:09 AM
11672 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 0

McAllen, US

Absolutely mesmerizing!

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography

Britbear Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2002Sun 24-Mar-13 02:00 PM
462 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 2

Suburban Chicago, US

Thanks so much, Tom and Ernesto. I'm now tweaking this image after noticing the highlights on the white building in the center. It's still a work in progress!

Barbara
My Gallery

amszterpeter Registered since 10th Mar 2013Sun 24-Mar-13 06:21 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 3

San Antonio, US

Thank you for posting this marvelous photograph.
It is a keeper.

As one who is learning HDR, I would be interested to see the original image.

Peter Aradi
my Nikonians gallery.

Britbear Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2002Sun 24-Mar-13 07:20 PM
#5. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 4

Suburban Chicago, US

Thank you, Peter. Here's a look at the original RAW file.

Barbara
My Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

amszterpeter Registered since 10th Mar 2013Sun 24-Mar-13 09:17 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 5

San Antonio, US

Thank you for posting the before picture.
The improvement is striking.

Peter Aradi

Peter Aradi
my Nikonians gallery.

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Mon 25-Mar-13 07:26 PM
3926 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Very nice image.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Nikonian since 01st Apr 2007Wed 27-Mar-13 03:04 AM
6543 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Very nice work Barbra, I really like the subtle tones. I really like the graduated contrast for top to bottom as well. It really makes the gentleman in the water stand out and is the first thing is see. Then my eye explores the gold temple to the right and then on to the rest of the image. Very well done, thanks for sharing.

Scott Martin Sternberg

Scotts Fine Art

Britbear Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2002Wed 27-Mar-13 10:25 AM
#9. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 8

Suburban Chicago, US

Larry and Scott - many thanks for taking the time to look and comment. Much appreciated!

Barbara
My Gallery

lukaswerth Registered since 24th May 2012Tue 16-Apr-13 09:19 AM
347 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 9

Lahore, PK

This is a beautiful picture; the atmosphere is truly captivating. Amritsar is very near to where I live - in Lahore - it is just over the border to India. Makes me want to go there. But this is not to say that it is the place make the picture - it is your interpretation which counts, which brings out the magic.

Lukas

Trying to be a keeper of the light

Britbear Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Mar 2002Tue 16-Apr-13 10:33 AM
#11. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 10

Suburban Chicago, US

Many thanks, Lukas. Our time in Amritsar was brief with only one visit to the Golden Temple. It would have been wonderful to see it at sunset, too.

Barbara
My Gallery

lukaswerth Registered since 24th May 2012Wed 17-Apr-13 05:50 AM
347 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 11

Lahore, PK

Yes, well, creating a photographic image is often a matter of being at the right place at the right time. But then what matters is the ability to frame this moment, to catch and interpret the opportunity.

Reminds me of a famous dictum of Leonard Misonne, a Belgian photographer who was active in the first decades of the 20th century: "The motif is nothing, the light is everything." I wouldn't go that far, but the radical way in which he made his point seems to me inspiring.

Lukas

Trying to be a keeper of the light

JimKing Registered since 10th May 2013Fri 10-May-13 06:25 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 12

Salisbury, US

I'm sure I've seen photos I liked better, but it's been awhile. Fantastic image. I do see the highlight area you're working on and I think it would help but the nice crisp foreground and soft background is killer great.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 10-May-13 07:02 PM
51265 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: HDR Image of Golden Temple"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Wow.

Outstanding

Well done.

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7643 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.