Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7567
View in linear mode

Subject: "NYC from the Empire State building. " Previous topic | Next topic
JimH Silver Member Charter MemberFri 11-Jan-13 03:27 AM
276 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"NYC from the Empire State building. "

Easton, US

Here's a 7 exposure HDR shot hand held from the observation deck of the Empire State building. Looking south towards Hudson Bay with the Hudson River on the right. I just did a quick job of processing this image with out putting alot of effort into it. I'd say the HDR process really helped to capture the scene.

D3s, 24-70 F/2.8@ 24mm-F/4 ISO 6400 Center shutter speed was 1/90 sec. Photomatix.

"Things are'nt always quite as cherry, as they first seem"

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: NYC from the Empire State building.
jrsee Silver Member
11th Jan 2013
mnbuilder49 Moderator
12th Jan 2013
avm247 Moderator
12th Jan 2013
JimH Silver Member
14th Jan 2013
robsb Platinum Member
15th Jan 2013

jrsee Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jan 2009Fri 11-Jan-13 02:39 PM
65 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: NYC from the Empire State building. "
In response to Reply # 0

Imperial, US

Nice job for only a little effort. I like that it doesn't look overly processed. I also noticed you shot this at 6400 ISO with your d3S. That's amazing. I have had smiliar results with my D800 but not that high of iso.

Visit my webpage: www.a-jimages.com

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Sat 12-Jan-13 05:40 PM
3742 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: NYC from the Empire State building. "
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

The HDR process really helps a sky like this one. Thanks for posting.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberSat 12-Jan-13 05:47 PM
18518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: NYC from the Empire State building. "
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Beautiful image!

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

JimH Silver Member Charter MemberMon 14-Jan-13 03:27 AM
276 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: NYC from the Empire State building. "
In response to Reply # 3

Easton, US

Thank you for the comments. This image almost made it worth the 53 bucks it cost me to go up to the deck, almost...

"Things are'nt always quite as cherry, as they first seem"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006Tue 15-Jan-13 04:48 PM
12735 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: NYC from the Empire State building. "
In response to Reply # 0

San Jose, US

Very nice shot.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7567 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.