nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
somhompho

Madison, US
212 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
somhompho Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009
Fri 04-Jan-13 09:06 PM

This was a view out of my hotel room in Philly, during a business trip there in early December. This is 4-shots composite using Nik HDR Efex Pro 2. Shots were hand held- with camera body resting on top of backpack. Camera: D300 + 12-24mm @ 18mm, f22.
I had 5 shots, -2 to +2, but when I open them for Efex Pro 2 (via PS CS6 automate menu)it keep dropping out the +2 shot. The +2 shot does have a bit of clip highlight. Does anyone here have this happen to you? I suspect though, that if I pen all 5 shots in PS first then use the 'add open image' option that it will take all 5- Haven't try that yet but I will.

Click on image to view larger version

I've been using Nik HDR since October (use Photomatrix Pro for the last few years). So far I like it- feel like I have more control.

This is the result from HDR Efex only. My final image will probably have some Color Efex and Photoshop tweaks to it. Also, I'm not sure about the inclusion of the sun- it somewhat distracted since it so bright. I do have other versions that have brigde fill more of the frame- with similar lighting. Any comments are welcome.

Som
www.HomphoPhotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

G