Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7541
View in linear mode

Subject: "Looking for assistance" Previous topic | Next topic
dsm61 Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2006Tue 18-Dec-12 04:14 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Looking for assistance"

DFW, US

Here is the image - a sunset on Waimea beach.

I'm using Photomatix Pro. I used a polygonal lasso to select the overexposed image for the tree and everything 'below' the tree. I'm trying to figure out if I can brighten just the foam of the wave and the beach sand.

My workflow is exceedingly simple. As a budget conscious amateur I'm using Photomatix, then ViewNX for a little sharpening & cropping.

Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Sat 22-Dec-12 04:00 PM
3417 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Looking for assistance"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

It is easy to lighten the waves and the sand in Photoshop. I would also think you could get the look you want just in Photomatix but I would have to see you original images to be certain.
Here is an example of lightening the wave and sand with Photoshop.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7541 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.