nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7486
View in linear mode

Subject: "Like the workflow of Nik HDR Efex Pro 2" Previous topic | Next topic
somhompho Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009Tue 20-Nov-12 10:53 PM
212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Like the workflow of Nik HDR Efex Pro 2"

Madison, US

I have been using Photomatrix for HDR for the last several years. I have all of Nik plugins except HDR Efex, so recently while I was upgrading Define and Sharpener, from working only with Lightroom to be working with PS CS6, I decided to get Efex Pro 2 as well.

Well. I got to say that I really like Nik HDR workflow, and it seems to run slightly faster than Photomatrix. I'm using HDR mainly for photos I can't get in single click, and prefer more 'natural' look of HDR. Nik seems to get me there quicker and with more intuitive slider (for me anyway). Here are 2 samples

www.HomphoPhotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Rockport, MA; D300 with 24-70mm/f2.8, 5 shots, polarizer + 3 stop ND grad. I was hoping for sunrise shot, but got cloud and little bit of rain instead

Griffith Sculpture Garden, East Otto, NY. D300 with 14-24mm/f2.8 (no filter). Shot last Sunday. At this time of year there's no direct sun light on these sculptures during dawn and dust at all. Wasn't planning on this shot but I was heading to the car, the orange sky appear in the horizon behind the trees,so I thought why not HDR.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DAJolley Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Dec 2007Wed 21-Nov-12 12:11 AM
1248 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Like the workflow of Nik HDR Efex Pro 2"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I started using HDR Efex Pro 2 a few weeks ago and am very happy so far. One of the things I like is being able to import RAW files from Bridge or Photoshop and retain any ACR adjustments I may have applied to WB, CA and Lens Corrections.
I also just purchased SNS-HDR and am doing some comparisons. I saw a lot of good press regarding SNS-HDR on some HDR dedicated sites and thought I would see what it is all about.
Dave Jolley

David Jolley
Pickerington, Ohio
Please visit my Website

somhompho Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009Wed 21-Nov-12 10:47 PM
212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Like the workflow of Nik HDR Efex Pro 2"
In response to Reply # 1

Madison, US

David,
I just google SNS and saw a brief review on it look intersting. Love to hear what think of it.
Som

www.HomphoPhotography.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7486 Previous topic | Next topic