Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7477
View in linear mode

Subject: "2 HDR pictures " Previous topic | Next topic
lukaswerth Registered since 24th May 2012Mon 12-Nov-12 04:08 PM
263 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"2 HDR pictures "

Lahore, PK

The two last uploads on my flickr account are HDRs:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukaswerth/
(Having only basic membership, I can't upload them here)
Both are composed from 2 files.

Lukas

Trying to be a keeper of the light

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

brada Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jan 2008Mon 03-Dec-12 08:53 PM
347 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: 2 HDR pictures "
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 03-Dec-12 08:54 PM by brada

US

2 images is usually not enough, particularly of the scenes you are shooting because your dynamic range is very large. You have blown out highlights in the door and have shadow areas which still lack detail. Looks like you need more exposures and better processing before you can make a true judgement if HDR will work within your workflow.

In my opinion,
Brad

http://www.bradaphotography.com
my Nikonians gallery.

lukaswerth Registered since 24th May 2012Sun 09-Dec-12 02:18 AM
263 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: 2 HDR pictures "
In response to Reply # 1

Lahore, PK

True enough. I am going to test this as soon as I can. I was personally happy about the shadows as they appeared on my screen (dark, but no blacks, containing all the details), but when I got printed out one of the pictures,the tonal range was considerably less than that on the screen. I certainly need to put in work here.
But what I have been experimenting with, and what I do find interesting, is the exposure stacking technique using the enfuse algorithm in comparison to HDR.

Lukas

Trying to be a keeper of the light

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7477 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.