nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7371
View in linear mode

Subject: "HDR at Twilight" Previous topic | Next topic
JDuchene Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2005Tue 25-Sep-12 04:40 AM
156 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"HDR at Twilight"

Mahomet, US

A seven exposure shot at twilight at Jordans Pond in the Acadia National park Mt. Desert Island, Maine. Nikon D300 and 10-24mm @ 24 ISO 200.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: HDR at Twilight
Mikey98e Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
25th Sep 2012
JDuchene Silver Member
26th Sep 2012
liamtoh1ps
26th Sep 2012
mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
27th Sep 2012
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Oct 2012
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit
15th Oct 2012
KnightPhoto Gold Member
18th Oct 2012
mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography
31st Oct 2012
JDuchene Silver Member
10th Nov 2012
rb4good Silver Member
10th Nov 2012

Mikey98e Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 24th Aug 2007Tue 25-Sep-12 09:38 PM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 0

Natick, US

WOW
-mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/20487500@N00/
http://www.nikonians-images.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/90802
http://GoldenCranePhotography.com

JDuchene Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2005Wed 26-Sep-12 02:20 AM
156 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 1

Mahomet, US

Mike, Thanks that was reinforcing! John

liamtoh1ps Registered since 17th Apr 2012Wed 26-Sep-12 04:49 PM
309 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Nicely done. I like this type of HDR where it does not have a 'fake' look.

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Thu 27-Sep-12 10:55 PM
4469 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Very well done.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Fri 12-Oct-12 03:47 PM
4832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Nice image and process. I probably would like to see a little more dynamic range.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Mon 15-Oct-12 10:31 PM
4714 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 5

Newtown, US

Hi John,
Beautiful tones, and wonderful job with the processing. What stands out to me are the beautiful pink tones, detail in the foliage, and the lack of halos!

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006Thu 18-Oct-12 03:43 AM
4481 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 6

Alberta, CA

Like it!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

mnbuilder49 Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, especially in Interiors Architecture, Landscape and HDR Photography Nikonian since 18th Apr 2006Wed 31-Oct-12 09:44 PM
4469 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 0

Lakeville, US

Very well done.

Larry
http://www.larryandersonphotography.com
http://www.andersonmasterbuilders.com

JDuchene Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Dec 2005Sat 10-Nov-12 12:10 AM
#9. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 8

Mahomet, US

Thanks everyone for your input. I was pleased with the outcome. It is interesting for me that it was well after sunset and on to dark when I took this series. It is remarkable what HDR can do in the "velvet hours". Again thanks for looking and commenting. John

rb4good Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2006Sat 10-Nov-12 01:24 AM
4560 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: HDR at Twilight"
In response to Reply # 0

Rocky Hill, US

Excellent John. I somehow missed this when it was first posted. Well shot and processed.Maybe a touch more contrast on the background but that might ruin the mood I get from the way it is now. Beautiful,I just love Acadia.

Rick

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) HDR software & hardware (Public) topic #7371 Previous topic | Next topic