Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in Canada topic #781
View in linear mode

Subject: "DR-6 right angle viewfinder" Previous topic | Next topic
newbird Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Sun 11-Mar-12 08:45 PM
2000 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"DR-6 right angle viewfinder"

Neuville, near Quebec City, CA

Going FX, I pre-ordered a D800 and a DR-5 right angle viewfinder that fits with it (i.e. for circular viewfinders).

The DR-6 is for D300s and other DX bodies with square viewfinder.

Asking $195 + shipping. It is in excellent condition.

Payment via Paypal.

I can ship to the US as well.

Regards,

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian
http://yvanbedardphotonature.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

newbird Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Thu 12-Apr-12 05:07 PM
2000 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: DR-6 right angle viewfinder"
In response to Reply # 0

New price: $175 including shipping

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian

runswithcissors Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2012Wed 20-Jun-12 06:18 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: DR-6 right angle viewfinder"
In response to Reply # 1

CA

Hi there was wondering if you still had this for sale. If so is a genuine Nikon product or a third party unit. Thanks for your time.

Doug

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

newbird Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Apr 2006Thu 21-Jun-12 03:00 AM
#3. "RE: DR-6 right angle viewfinder"
In response to Reply # 2

Hi Doug,

It is a genuine Nikon part with original case and plastic bag. Although I used it often, it is practically like new as I take great care of my gears. For example, I always put my RA viewfinders in the plastic bags before putting them in their cases to prevent dirt to reach them since the case isn't totally hermetic (I hope this word makes sense in English ). I also use the plastic bags to put my regular eyepieces in them when replaced by the RA viewfinders, such a good habit makes these small pieces harder to lose.

The DR-6 is easy to install (simply slip it on) but also easy to remove, so one must pay attention when walking in bushes with the RA viewfinder on. It is very helpful for low -level work, but also in difficult positions. For example, I remember how I could have not been able to take some rock photos in Alabama Hills without it simply because I was on a steep slope with an almost acrobatic position between big rocks and couldn't place my eye behind the camera...so I used the DR-6 sideways to compose properly and adjusting my tripod. Same thing to take a bird photo from behind a high bush, I extended my tripod so the camera ended up about 6" higher than my head (to see above the bush) and the only way to compose was with the DR-6 upside-down on the camera. Whatever the orientation of the DR-6, the image is always upside and left-right OK.

Don't hesitate to send me a private message if you need more info, we could even talk on Skype, Yahoo or MS Messenger

Regards,

Yvan
Quebec Nikonian

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in Canada topic #781 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.