Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in Canada topic #693
View in linear mode

Subject: "For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens" Previous topic | Next topic
bstevent Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2004Fri 27-May-11 05:16 AM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens"
Sun 29-May-11 12:46 AM by bstevent

Prince George, CA

Nikkor 500mm f/4.0 P IF ED telephoto lens. This manual focus
lens will meter with most DSLRs. Included are the lens, lens
hood, shoulder strap, rear cap, front hood, drop-in filter
holder with Nikon L37C UV filter and hard suitcase.

Extras include a drop-in circular polarizer (C-PL 1S) and a
drop-in gel filter holder.

The lens is in very good condition (that's a commonsense
description, not a technical one.)

Bjorn Rorslet rates it 4.5/5:
http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2_PC.html

Asking price $3,000 for lens and C-PL1s plus shipping.

Bob

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens
Gimbal Gold Member
16th Jun 2011
bstevent Silver Member
16th Jun 2011
bstevent Silver Member
14th Oct 2011
Gimbal Gold Member
15th Oct 2011
Nikon32250 Silver Member
10th Nov 2011
          Reply message RE: For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens - SOLD
bstevent Silver Member
29th Mar 2014

Gimbal Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Apr 2011Thu 16-Jun-11 05:06 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Hi Bob: I've just bought a 500mm f4P on eBay and I would like to buy your drop-in circular polarizer (C-PL 1S) for $200.00 plus shipping. This would enable you to drop the price for the lens and many photographers don't want the polarizer because of its exposure factor.
Cheers, David in Toronto

Gimbal

bstevent Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2004Thu 16-Jun-11 05:29 PM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens"
In response to Reply # 1

Prince George, CA

Thanks David. I'll keep that in mind should I get a buyer who doesn't want the CPL1s. Right now I don't want to sell the polarizer unless I sell the lens.
Bob

bstevent Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2004Fri 14-Oct-11 09:52 PM
#3. "RE: For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 15-Oct-11 03:56 PM by bstevent

Prince George, CA

I'm relisting this with a lower price.

Nikkor 500mm f/4.0 P IF ED telephoto lens. The lens comes with the supplied hard suitcase, lens hood (reversible for storage), rear cap, front cover, drop-in filter holder with Nikon L37C UV filter and a drop-in gel filter holder: $2,500.

Also for sale, a hard-to-find Nikon C-PL 1S drop-in circular polarizer: $200. However, I won't sell the C-PL 1S until I sell the lens.

Buy the lens and polarizer together for $2,600. I'll also include the first $100 shipping/insurance via Canada Post in the price if you don't live in Prince George.

The lens is in excellent condition -- clean glass and smooth operation. I have receipts for my purchase should you want them. A photo is available on request. Nikon built this lens from 1988 to 2005. The serial number is 204XXX so it was likely built in the latter part of that period. I've had it since 2006.

This is one of the few Nikkor "P" lenses. It is a manual focus lens with a CPU chip so it will meter and operate with most Nikon DSLRS -- it has worked well with a D70, D200, D700 and D7000. Bjorn Rorslet rates it 4.5/5. The cedar waxwing photo at http://www.pgphotoclub.com/gallery_lgc10.htm was taken with this lens.

The lens weights 3 kg -- lighter than the current AF 200-400, 400, 500 and 600 lenses.

Gimbal Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Apr 2011Sat 15-Oct-11 02:06 PM
50 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens"
In response to Reply # 3

Toronto, CA

I am still interested in the C-PL 1S polarizer, when you are ready to sell it.

Gimbal

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Thu 10-Nov-11 04:31 AM
3562 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu 10-Nov-11 04:32 AM by Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US

Gimbal, if you don't buy the polarizer from Bob please send me a PM. I have one that I would be willing to sell. Bob, I hope you don't mind me making this offer on your post, but I thought I would let Gimbal know that he could come to me as a second option.

I'm sorry. I hadn't realized that the original post was back in May 2011.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

bstevent Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Dec 2004Sat 29-Mar-14 05:51 PM
#6. "RE: For Sale: Nikkor 500mm P Lens - SOLD"
In response to Reply # 5

Prince George, CA

This lens has been sold along with the accessories.

I should have updated this last spring ...

Bob

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in Canada topic #693 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.