Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in Canada topic #391
View in linear mode

Subject: "SOLD: Nikon AF-S 500mm f/4 (ver 1)" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
Greg_B Basic MemberMon 13-Jul-09 11:14 PM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SOLD: Nikon AF-S 500mm f/4 (ver 1)"
Sat 31-Oct-09 01:30 PM by bgs

CA

I have a gently used Nikon AF-S 500mm f/4 D (version 1) telephoto lens for sale. This is a US lens and was purchased from KEH about 3 years ago. At the time it was rated by KEH as EX+ and it still remains in this condition as I have only used it occasionally. I have just purchased the VR version, so I am looking to sell this one.

The body of the lens is very clean, with the only issue being a pea-sized scuff/scratch mark in the finish of the body near the front of the lens (see picture). This mark was present on the lens when I bought it, and of course doesn't affect the operation whatsoever. Most importantly the glass is in perfect condition, and the lens mount is clean with no brassing. Autofocus operation is fast and smooth, and manual focusing is also smooth and well damped.

As for the accessories, they are all also in excellent shape. The hood has some minor marks but is in great shape and locks securely on the lens. The slip-on front lens cap is in excellent shape. The trunk case is very clean, with no dents, and locks securely (comes with keys). The monopod lens foot is like new.

Included in the sale are: lens, hood, slip-on front lens cap, rear lens cap, additional monopod lens foot, 52mm drop-in gel filter holder, trunk lens case (with keys), lens strap, trunk case strap, 52mm filter holder with Nikon NC filter (installed in lens), standard lens foot (installed on lens), and owner's manual.

Now if you've read this far, you probably know that these lenses don't come up on the used market very often, let alone in Canada, and importing a used one from the US is very costly. A new VR version will cost you over $9K.

Price:
I am asking $5250 Cdn. Ideally, a local sale would be preferred (I'm in Mississauga), but I will ship (at my cost) anywhere within Canada. I would also be willing to sell to the US, but for now I'm going to see if I can find a Canuck that wants this lens.

The preferred payment method would be EMT, cash, or bank draft. I have had problems (got ripped off) using PayPal, so I would like to avoid that method for such a high ticket item.

If you have any questions or want me to send you some higher res pictures, let me know, and I'll be happy to provide them. I have sold some items on here before, and I have 100% feedback on eBay under 'gburdzin' and on FM under 'Greg_B'.

Thanks...
Greg

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)
Attachment #4, (jpg file)
Attachment #5, (jpg file)
Attachment #6, (jpg file)
Attachment #7, (jpg file)
Attachment #8, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic

Greg_B Basic MemberSat 18-Jul-09 12:26 AM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SOLD: Nikon AF-S 500mm f/4 (ver 1)"
In response to Reply # 0

CA

The lens has been SOLD!

Greg

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in Canada topic #391 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.