Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in the EU topic #2056
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon 200mm f/2 VR" Previous topic | Next topic
AreBee Registered since 27th Apr 2008Sun 03-Jun-12 01:40 PM
531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon 200mm f/2 VR"

Inverness, GB

Dear All,

I am selling my Nikon 200mm f/2 VR (not VR II version) lens. All aspects of the lens can only be described as being in truly mint condition. You cannot differentiate it from new.

The felt inside of the lens hood is slightly scuffed from taking it on and off of the lens.

The lens comes with its original strap, drop in clear filter, case and (cardboard with polystyrene mouldings) box. However, I also will include:

1. The C-PL3L polariser drop in filter that is unique to this lens (cannot be used with the other Nikkor exotics).
2. The Kirk LP-51 replacement foot (original lens foot also included, of course)

I am asking £2800, including postage to anywhere in the U.K. Payment by direct bank transfer or (cleared) cheque is acceptable. You are more than welcome to pick the lens up in person if this option is viable. Photos can be provided on request for those serious about purchasing.

Rob
www.robbuckle.co.uk

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AreBee Registered since 27th Apr 2008Fri 07-Jun-13 10:21 AM
531 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon 200mm f/2 VR"
In response to Reply # 0

Inverness, GB

Bump.

Rob
www.robbuckle.co.uk

AreBee Registered since 27th Apr 2008Tue 30-Jul-13 01:30 PM
#2. "RE: Nikon 200mm f/2 VR"
In response to Reply # 0

Inverness, GB

In case you are not aware...

The 200mm f/2 VR is available in the UK for £3265, which does not include the drop in polariser (£210) or improved-on-stock foot (£50). In other words, on a like for like basis the cost of a new VR version with extras is £3525.

Don't forget that the optical formula for the VR version is identical to the VR2 version. Is nano coating and one additional stop of vibration reduction really worth £600+ to you, which is the cost difference between a new VR and VR2 version?

The number of UK sellers of the VR version is almost nil. When UK stock is exhausted only the VR2 version will be available...at almost £3900 at today's prices. And again, that does not take into account extras that I will include.

Think about it..

Rob
www.robbuckle.co.uk

AreBee Registered since 27th Apr 2008Sun 06-Oct-13 08:27 PM
#3. "RE: Nikon 200mm f/2 VR"
In response to Reply # 0

Inverness, GB

Dear All,

The 200mm f/2 is now no longer readily available: Special Order only at one outlet...for £3478 - a £213 increase in the little over two months that has passed since my previous post.

This will be my final post in this thread as my Nikonians membership expires on 12th October and it will not be renewed.

I do not know if this thread will remain. If it does, please feel free to contact me via my website (refer to my signature, below). I will consider sensible offers.

All the best.

Rob
www.robbuckle.co.uk

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in the EU topic #2056 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.