nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in the EU topic #1833
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D3S Body as new !" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
lionmanpt Registered since 20th Jul 2011Tue 27-Sep-11 09:41 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D3S Body as new !"
Wed 26-Oct-11 06:36 PM by lionmanpt

PT

A mint condition (like brand new) Nikon D3S body bought in Lisbon/Portugal. It has warranty.

With the original box (with all included on the original box).

Price: 3.850 Euros or best offer

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !
Robotwars
28th Sep 2011
lionmanpt
28th Sep 2011
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills
28th Sep 2011
lionmanpt
28th Sep 2011
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills
28th Sep 2011
lionmanpt
28th Sep 2011
Bass rock
28th Sep 2011
lionmanpt
28th Sep 2011
espeto68 Gold Member
02nd Oct 2011
espeto68 Gold Member
26th Oct 2011
lionmanpt
26th Oct 2011

Robotwars Registered since 22nd Mar 2009Wed 28-Sep-11 06:52 PM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 0

Driffield, UK

Hi

I was tempted for a second or so but when I checked the Exchange Rate, I found that I could buy the same camera 'Brand New' at a well respected London store for a little over £200 more than your asking price.

Your relative newness to the group may also make others a little bit nervous. Good Luck though!

lionmanpt Registered since 20th Jul 2011Wed 28-Sep-11 07:18 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 1

PT

>Hi
>
>I was tempted for a second or so but when I checked the
>Exchange Rate, I found that I could buy the same camera 'Brand
>New' at a well respected London store for a little over £200
>more than your asking price.
>
>Your relative newness to the group may also make others a
>little bit nervous. Good Luck though!

Hi,

Your are assuming certain assumptions which I cannot explain the origin......

First you state that you can buy a brand new camera "for a little over £200". If that is the case then good for you because in Portugal and Spain you cannot get one brand new under 4450 Euros (£3871).

Second you assume that the price is not negotiable.

And honestly I do not understand your last comment.

Why do you come to my post to write underlying comments about my honesty based on the fact that I am new to the group ? Do you know me personally ? Is there a correlation between the date of subscription to this group and honesty of a person ?

If you never send me an mp and/or talked to me why come here and be so aggressive trying to put negative comments ? I

f you think it is not a good deal for you why you simply don't go on with your live ?

I honestly have a hard time understanding some persons.

And please I dispense your "Good Luck though!" comment. I do not appreciate either irony or hypocrisy.

Have a good life ! (and I do mean that without any "second intention")

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 28-Sep-11 07:55 PM
29361 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed 28-Sep-11 07:56 PM by briantilley

Paignton, UK

In an attempt to help everyone's understanding...

The D3s is currently available new at a respected British Nikon Pro dealer for GBP 3577, which converts to EUR 4110 and is GBP 227 more than your asking price.

Our selling guidelines require that members state a firm price, without expecting to enter an "auction".

Good luck with your sale.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

lionmanpt Registered since 20th Jul 2011Wed 28-Sep-11 08:10 PM
#4. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 3
Wed 28-Sep-11 08:17 PM by lionmanpt

PT

>
>In an attempt to help everyone's understanding...
>
>The D3s is currently available new at a respected British
>Nikon Pro dealer for GBP 3577, which converts to EUR 4110 and
>is GBP 227 more than your asking price.
>
>Our selling guidelines require that members state a firm
>price, without expecting to enter an "auction".
>
>Good luck with your sale.

I apreciate your help, but isn't this a "I want to sell in the EU" ?

I say this because:

Unfortunatelly we have experienced some warranty problems in Portugal and Spain with Nikon products bought outside these countries (but no problems on the reverse situation).

I understand your point but someone may think that 227 GBP is money and therefore is worth the difference.

What I can't understand is why everyone insists on setting the UK selling price as a proxy when the rules clearly state:

"Acting as the "price police" is not permitted. If someone is offering to sell an item at what appears to be an unusually high or low price, there is probably a good reason for it. Please respect that person and do not post in his/her thread or elsewhere regarding what you believe to be a fair price. If you feel very strongly about it, please use the "Alert" link at the bottom of the post in question. Your message will be sent to all moderators of the forum."

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 28-Sep-11 09:06 PM
29361 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 4

Paignton, UK

I was simply (as I stated) trying to help clarify any misunderstanding, not to comment on your pricing.

Tony had said that the D3s is sold new in Britain at a little more than GBP 200 above your asking price, not that it could be bought for a little over GBP 200 (as you seemed to think he meant). I'm not sure Tony was "policing", either - just explaining why he wouldn't want to buy your camera.

Like we said - good luck with your sale! I'm sure someone somewhere in Europe will think it is a good deal

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

lionmanpt Registered since 20th Jul 2011Wed 28-Sep-11 09:22 PM
#7. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 5

PT

>I was simply (as I stated) trying to help clarify any
>misunderstanding, not to comment on your pricing.
>
>Tony had said that the D3s is sold new in Britain at a little
>more than GBP 200 above your asking price, not that it could
>be bought for a little over GBP 200 (as you seemed to think he
>meant). I'm not sure Tony was "policing", either -
>just explaining why he wouldn't want to buy your camera.
>
>Like we said - good luck with your sale! I'm sure someone
>somewhere in Europe will think it is a good deal

I apreciate your answer.

No I never thought that it was said that that it could be bought for a little over GB 200.

However I insist that I see absolutelly no point in posting such numbers neither correlating my number of posts with some possible dificulty in selling the camera.

If someone really wanted to warn me/advise me then a pm would be the correct way and not posting in this way, please let us not be so naive up to that point......

Last point, if someone doesn't want to buy my camera then do not buy it is as simple as that.

Each time you see an item in a shop with a price you think it is to high do you enter the shop to tell the owner that you don't want to buy that item ? I don´t think so.....

Bass rock Registered since 21st Dec 2007Wed 28-Sep-11 09:17 PM
968 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 0

Scotland, UK

Hello Lionmanpt

I do not wish to take sides but I do not consider that Robotwars meant to cause you any offence with his message. I took his comment simply to mean that people are more likely to buy from someone with a long track record of posting on Nikonians, than someone who is new to the forum.

Irrespective of exchange rates, a D3S is an expensive item and anyone buying or selling has to put considerable trust in the other party. If, for example, I was to buy an expensive lens or camera on Ebay I would only ever buy from someone who has a feedback score in excess of 50 and a 100% positive rating. Here on Nikonians, we do not have such a rating system and so a buyer can only judge a seller by how much they take part in the forum discussions. The more a person has posted, the more you feel you 'know' someone, even if you have never met them in person. This was only your 4th post, so I can understand that some people may be hesitant to buy from you. That is not meant a personal attack.

Nonetheless, I also wish you well with the sale.

Bill
North Berwick, Scotland

My Website - My Nikonians Gallery

lionmanpt Registered since 20th Jul 2011Wed 28-Sep-11 09:40 PM
#8. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 6
Wed 28-Sep-11 11:02 PM by lionmanpt

PT

>Hello Lionmanpt
>
>I do not wish to take sides but I do not consider that
>Robotwars meant to cause you any offence with his message. I
>took his comment simply to mean that people are more likely to
>buy from someone with a long track record of posting on
>Nikonians, than someone who is new to the forum.
>
>Irrespective of exchange rates, a D3S is an expensive item and
>anyone buying or selling has to put considerable trust in the
>other party. If, for example, I was to buy an expensive lens
>or camera on Ebay I would only ever buy from someone who has a
>feedback score in excess of 50 and a 100% positive rating.
>Here on Nikonians, we do not have such a rating system and so
>a buyer can only judge a seller by how much they take part in
>the forum discussions. The more a person has posted, the more
>you feel you 'know' someone, even if you have never met them
>in person. This was only your 4th post, so I can understand
>that some people may be hesitant to buy from you. That is not
>meant a personal attack.
>
>Nonetheless, I also wish you well with the sale.
>
>Bill
>North Berwick, Scotland
>
>http://www.BassRockPhotography.com"[br />>target="_blank"]My Website - >href="http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/162875"
>target="_blank"]My Nikonians Gallery

Visit
>my
>Nikonians gallery>.

Hello Bill,

I must confess I never had to post such "off topic" messages on a selling thread.

What you state is your opinion I do not agree.

I could have come here and started posting several times per day, but that is (in my opinion) ridiculous.

If you think I am "suspicious" due to the number of my posts then it is your opinion but that doesn't give you the right to express it on my post. Why ? Because you do not know me and you will never know me by the number of my posts and besides that, you raise your assumptions that can harm my sale.

Perhaps you don't know I am a ebay seller do you ? Perhaps you do not know I have several sales on Portuguese auction sites with 100% feedback. I do not feel the need to present my "CV" to everyone.

If someone wants to know me then send me a pm and we will talk by phone, by email whatever.

I honestly think like I am in court defending myself.

Do you always think negatively about a person you do not know ?

What has been written in my post is "Look out guys this one is selling a used camera for a high price !! Also lookout on his number of posts !!! Be careful !!".

espeto68 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2010Sun 02-Oct-11 02:48 PM
467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 8

Oeiras, PT

Hi Gonçalo,

Greetings from Portugal!!!

I understand your point of view, but i think you shouldn´t take it so personally (about the comments someone may post). Nobody is "attacking" you, in my opinion.
If you take a tour through the forums, you'll find some different point of views, and totally armless (sepcially in the WTS forum).
Buying in Portugal, as i do, is an huge disadvantage, concerning price. We do have almost the most expensive photographic material around EU (i do travel a lot around, and my NAS make keep looking for stuff), making it quite dificult to sell outside Portugal (that's the main reason i started buying in GB - Grays of Westminster) without loosing a lot of money.
As i saw you already did, your best chance (not to loose much money) is to try the portuguese forums.
By the way, i invite you to take some time filling your profile (some times it help to make some trades - it helped me already several times).
Keep on shooting!!

José

Nikonians!!! My best investment made after my camera!!!

D90
F80
F Photomic FTn

espeto68 Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2010Wed 26-Oct-11 05:55 PM
467 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 9

Oeiras, PT

Just thinking...

After buying an D3s in july and sell it in october, for some reason... who gets a D7000 around middle october, and try to sell it one week after, by 22oct, on a portuguese forum???

Maybe its just me... thinking...

José

Nikonians!!! My best investment made after my camera!!!

D90, F80, F Photomic FTn

lionmanpt Registered since 20th Jul 2011Wed 26-Oct-11 06:35 PM
#11. "RE: Nikon D3S Body as new !"
In response to Reply # 10

PT

>Just thinking...
>
> After buying an D3s in july and sell it in october, for some
>reason... who gets a D7000 around middle october, and try to
>sell it one week after, by 22oct, on a portuguese forum???
>
>Maybe its just me... thinking...
>
>José
>
>Nikonians!!! My best investment made after my camera!!!
>
>D90, F80, F Photomic FTn

It is good to think José !

"I think therefore I exist" : Rene Descartes

The problem of having too much time to "think" is that it can lead you to mirror yourself on your own words......

Since you like to read and think so much then perhaps it would be good to see what is written on the forum.

And with this I end my participation on this thread, because.....what you think it is your problem, not mine.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in the EU topic #1833 Previous topic | Next topic