New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

FS: Nikon 70-200mm VR - Tropical Grey model. £1000

WillyPete

Is from: London, UK
605 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
WillyPete Registered since 09th Feb 2006
Wed 06-Aug-08 06:25 AM
Description:
Using Greys' scale (http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/products/grading.php) I'd list this lens as Mint- or Exc++.
No lens marks, no chips or bumps.
Never dropped or misused.
I've been conservative in my rating of the lens, and would really only consider it below True Mint due to it having been used lightly and the very feint marks on the mounting ring from when it's been on the camera.
I have Box, the original zip up case and the hood.
It's always had a circular polarizer on it, except where I've taken it off for the extra stop.
Greys of Westminster list these lenses at £1400 new, when they have them in stock.
Being Tropical grey, they are quite rare and sought after.
Great for hot days, trackside, as it doesn't suck up solar heat like a black lens.

Reason for sale:
Don't have the time right now for dedicated use or carrying it around and in London I'm finding more use with my standard zoom.
Originally bought for use for sports shooting but my time in the sport I love didn't pan out and the lens could be better used in other hands.

I just upgraded to Gold member at work, so don't have my photos of the lens available.
Can send on request and will add some later today.

Would prefer a pick up sale.
Happy to travel (within reason) for you to inspect.
I also frequently travel up to Kidderminster / Birmingham to see family, so happy to meet half way for any interested Northerners.

Thanks,
Pete.
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: FS: Nikon 70-200mm VR - Tropical Grey model. £1000

G