nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in the EU topic #1415
View in linear mode

Subject: "Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
LucN Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 14th Dec 2008Sun 15-Aug-10 07:34 PM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
Wed 16-Feb-11 11:20 PM by LucN

Landen, BE

Nikon wide-angle zoom (Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED DX). In original packaging, including soft lens case CL-S2 and Sigma UV multicoated protection filter (77mm, value appr. € 55). Less than two years old, in mint condition and can hardly been distinguished from new. I'm selling it because of having switched to full-frame.

€ 775, plus any shipping costs (about € 25 to € 35, depending on country of destination).

Luc

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)
RockNGoalStar Silver Member
18th Oct 2010
LucN Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
18th Oct 2010
18th Oct 2010
LucN Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
18th Oct 2010
18th Oct 2010
19th Oct 2010
19th Oct 2010
Len Shepherd Gold Member
19th Oct 2010
19th Oct 2010
19th Oct 2010
19th Oct 2010
20th Oct 2010
Len Shepherd Gold Member
11th Nov 2010

RockNGoalStar Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2010Mon 18-Oct-10 09:19 AM
162 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

Is this still available?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

LucN Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 14th Dec 2008Mon 18-Oct-10 12:36 PM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 1

Landen, BE

Hello.

Yes, it is.

Regards.

Luc

RockNGoalStar Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2010Mon 18-Oct-10 01:13 PM
162 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 2

UK

Will you take an offer on this?

And can you ship to the UK?

Cheers.

LucN Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 14th Dec 2008Mon 18-Oct-10 08:58 PM
#4. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 3

Landen, BE

Shipping to the UK is no problem. What would be your offer, excluding shipping costs?

Luc

RockNGoalStar Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2010Mon 18-Oct-10 10:41 PM
#5. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 4

UK

Thanks for your reply Luc...

The difficulty is the exchange rate at the moment.

I can buy this lens new for around £700.00 GBP (£750.00 GBP with filter).

€775.00 EUR @ 1.14 (today's exchange rate) = £677.89 GBP

So the saving is not great for me, especially given that the lens is nearly 2 years old. Maybe it is better that you sell it to someone in the Eurozone.

I do not want to insult you by offering you too low a price... ...sorry if I have wasted your time.

LucN Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 14th Dec 2008Tue 19-Oct-10 05:11 AM
#6. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 5

Landen, BE

Would you be willing to offer € 700 (£ 614), shipping charges included?

I realize the lens is nearly 2 years old, but can assure you you won't be able to distinguish it from a new one.

Luc

RockNGoalStar Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2010Tue 19-Oct-10 07:42 AM
#7. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 6

UK

Thanks for this Luc...

I will have a think about this today and let you know later.

Cheers.

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Tue 19-Oct-10 10:38 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 5

Yorkshire, UK

>I can buy this lens new for around £700.00
Are you sure you can legitimately buy at this price?
If you buy from a grey importer you are liable for 25% in UK taxes - taking the price to over £850 - which is a little more than the official import price of around £830.
The usual second hand price at Ffordes (they sell at least 2 a month) is around £650.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

RockNGoalStar Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2010Tue 19-Oct-10 11:57 AM
#9. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 8

UK

Here:

http://www.digitalrev.com/en/nikon-nikkor-af-s-12-24mm-f4-g-ed-if-dx-and-hoya-77mm-hmc-uvc-filter-8776.html

LucN Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 14th Dec 2008Tue 19-Oct-10 08:00 PM
#10. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 9

Landen, BE

Hello:

For what it's worth, I purchased the lens at € 999 (plus an additional € 57.95 for the Sigma filter), in 12/2008. That's still about the going price in Belgium as of today (€ 969 -- see http://www.fotokonijnenberg.be/product/6341/nikkor-af-s-12-24mm-f-40-g-dx-if-ed.html).

The DigitalRev link shows a price of only € 924.02 for Belgium (€ 763.65 excl. of VAT (21% in Belgium)); and £714.45 for the UK (£608.04 excl.), which is considerably cheaper than Belgium. Grays of Westminster in London lists it at £799 (http://www.graysofwestminster.co.uk/products/digital.php).

I'd be happy to accept an offer, but do believe € 700 including filter and shipping charges to be a fair price.

Just my 2 cts of input .

Luc

RockNGoalStar Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2010Tue 19-Oct-10 10:36 PM
#11. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 10
Tue 19-Oct-10 10:36 PM by RockNGoalStar

UK

I agree with you Luc.

I think it's a great offer in your market, but perhaps not enticing enough in our market.

I will bear it in mind though.

Thanks!

LucN Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 14th Dec 2008Wed 20-Oct-10 05:03 AM
#12. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 11

Landen, BE

I fully understand your point of view too, Tommy, and would look at it exactly the same way. Take care.

Luc

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Thu 11-Nov-10 03:48 PM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Selling 12-24mm Nikon zoom (DX)"
In response to Reply # 9

Yorkshire, UK

>http://www.digitalrev.com/en/nikon-nikkor-af-s-12-24mm-f4-g-ed-if-dx-and-hoya-77mm-hmc-uvc-filter-8776.html
At £713 it seems a good price, though interestingly no Nikon International warranty, advertised price not guaranteed (terms and conditions), and presumably shipping is extra

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell I Want to Sell in the EU topic #1415 Previous topic | Next topic