Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Mumbai, IN
510 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2002
Sat 05-Oct-13 02:37 PM

I had my D200 converted for Infrared using Super Colour IR filter (Life Pixel). The focus settings were done as per Nikon's 18-70mm lens, which I had not sent to them. I thought I would buy the lens when the camera came back. They also mention that if you are going to use a 18-70mm Nikon lens, you need not send it to them.

Now the problem is that I am unable to find a 18-70mm Nikon lens here in Mumbai, India. So, till I get one such lens, I am using my 50mm f/1.8 lens or my 12-24mm Nikon lens. The 12-24 does not have an IR mark and so I am adjusting the focus away from infinity, by trial and error. Just hoping that my images would be sharp. This of course is not right but does anyone have some suggestions till I can procure a 18-70mm lens.

Attached is my first trial. I have created a Custom White Balance using a 18% grey card in sunlight but the attached picture was shot rather late in the evening.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)