nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3901
View in linear mode

Subject: "Flash Mob Ferris Wheel" Previous topic | Next topic
matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Fri 27-Sep-13 01:29 AM
693 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"

cambridge, US

A new office building here in Boston celebrated its opening by installing a sizable Ferris Wheel on the grounds outside. What was unusual was it was only there for two days. I read about it in the paper this morning and took an early lunch today to catch some classic (or perhaps clichéd) shots - some kids, a couple kissing and the obligatory view from the top. Not exactly high art but I had a good time - best lunch hour I've had in awhile.

Matt Murphy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Flickr Sets<http://www.flickr.com/photos/28712192@N08/sets/>

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography.
27th Sep 2013
matcam Silver Member
27th Sep 2013
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
27th Sep 2013
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit
01st Oct 2013
matcam Silver Member
01st Oct 2013
pixures Silver Member
02nd Oct 2013
matcam Silver Member
02nd Oct 2013
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography.
04th Oct 2013

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010Fri 27-Sep-13 06:00 PM
847 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

Matt,
I like these. Really nice captures and processing!

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.

matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Fri 27-Sep-13 09:57 PM
693 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 27-Sep-13 11:06 PM by matcam

cambridge, US

Thanks Dan. I wish my angle of view on The Kiss was a little less cluttered but I really like how the kid leaning on the gondola turned out.

Matt Murphy

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 27-Sep-13 10:19 PM
52418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Nice series

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Tue 01-Oct-13 01:12 PM
4691 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"
In response to Reply # 3

Newtown, US

These are wonderful! Make me want to get my camera out and shoot!

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Tue 01-Oct-13 06:05 PM
#5. "RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"
In response to Reply # 0

cambridge, US

Thanks Gerold & Kathy. To tell you the truth, I'm getting a little burned out using my IR body. My other "walk around/everyday" body is an unconverted D300s which has been in the shop for more than 5 weeks and still waiting on a part! I can't wait to get it back and have an always with me alternative to the D70s IR.

Matt Murphy

pixures Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Feb 2009Wed 02-Oct-13 02:35 AM
331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Matt,

I'll say something selfish... I am quite enjoying that you are walking around with your DR body. May your repair take even longer.

Bill N
www.images-captured.com
"Like" on Facebook
My Nikonians Gallery

matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Wed 02-Oct-13 05:57 PM
#7. "RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"
In response to Reply # 0

cambridge, US

Thanks for the kind words Bill. I'm still finding the whole IR world to be a creative inspiration and that's not likely to change anytime soon.

Matt Murphy

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010Fri 04-Oct-13 01:30 AM
847 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Flash Mob Ferris Wheel"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

Matt,
I am with Bill on this. I am liking your IR approach and postings.

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3901 Previous topic | Next topic