Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3845
View in linear mode

Subject: "Boscobel on the Hudson" Previous topic | Next topic
rbaskin Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2007Sat 21-Sep-13 08:13 PM
338 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Boscobel on the Hudson"

Ridgefield, US

After browsing this forum for a while, I've got a few shots I'd like to post. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

On a visit to Boscobel House and Gardens in Garrison, NY, I decided to bring my IR converted D70. The grounds overlook the Hudson River and adjacent marshes across from West Point. The first shot is facing the marshes and the river and the second is a fountain in a pond on the grounds shot from a hiking trail.

Both were processed in CNX2. The fountain is a B&W conversion, the marshes is a hue shift. I bought the D70 used and the seller thought the conversion was done by "life something" so I figured it was Life Pixel. I think it's a standard 720 conversion, but...

Ralph in CT

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Boscobel on the Hudson
Cavy2 Silver Member
23rd Sep 2013
pixures Silver Member
23rd Sep 2013
Reply message Boscobel on the Hudson
DrPaul1 Silver Member
23rd Sep 2013
domer2760 Silver Member
23rd Sep 2013
rbaskin Silver Member
24th Sep 2013

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Mon 23-Sep-13 12:46 PM
4337 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Boscobel on the Hudson"
In response to Reply # 0

Newtown, US

Hi Ralph,
Congrats on your camera. I'm sure you'll enjoy exploring the world of IR.
You're off to a great start. Lovely images! The water in the fountain image may be a bit overexposed. That's a tricky exposure.

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

pixures Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009Mon 23-Sep-13 06:01 PM
294 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Boscobel on the Hudson"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Ralph,

I think #1 is very well composed with the natural framing. The exposure and processing also looks very nice with very well exposed highlights.

Have fun with your IR camera.

Bill N
www.images-captured.com
"Like" on Facebook
My Nikonians Gallery

DrPaul1 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2013Mon 23-Sep-13 08:27 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "Boscobel on the Hudson"
In response to Reply # 2

Hallandale, US

Ralph,

Nice job. Enjoy your new camera.

Paul

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010Mon 23-Sep-13 09:54 PM
772 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Boscobel on the Hudson"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

Ralph,
I agree with Kathy about number 2. Also, a longer shutter time on number 2 would have blurred the water and made it smoother. The first one is very nice.

Congrats on your camera!

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.

rbaskin Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2007Tue 24-Sep-13 02:02 AM
338 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Boscobel on the Hudson"
In response to Reply # 4

Ridgefield, US

Thanks for the taking the time to comment. You're absolutely right about the blown out fountain - I grabbed a couple of quick shots where there was a clearing on the trail and this seemed to have the best lighting on the leaves. I may go back and see if I can rescue the detail on a darker version, allowing for a better fountain view.

Ralph

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3845 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.