Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3831
View in linear mode

Subject: "A Young Boy Feeding Geese" Previous topic | Next topic
pixures Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009Tue 17-Sep-13 04:04 AM
295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"A Young Boy Feeding Geese"

US

Last Saturday, I spent some time on the grounds of the Cleveland Art Museum. While walking around the lagoon in the front of the museum, I noticed a young boy feeding the geese. I thought the church steeple in the background and nice clouds would make for a good IR B&W picture, even though the boy and the geese are extremely small within the composition.

Bill N
www.images-captured.com
"Like" on Facebook
My Nikonians Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: A Young Boy Feeding Geese
NanoMeter
17th Sep 2013
kds315 Moderator
17th Sep 2013
matcam Silver Member
17th Sep 2013
pixures Silver Member
17th Sep 2013
matcam Silver Member
17th Sep 2013
kds315 Moderator
18th Sep 2013

NanoMeter Registered since 17th May 2012Tue 17-Sep-13 04:14 AM
471 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A Young Boy Feeding Geese"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Bill, Very nice shot!

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Tue 17-Sep-13 03:36 PM
697 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A Young Boy Feeding Geese"
In response to Reply # 0

Weinheim, DE

Took me a while :grin:

Nice one!

Cheers, Klaus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Tue 17-Sep-13 05:11 PM
690 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A Young Boy Feeding Geese"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 17-Sep-13 05:12 PM by matcam

cambridge, US

Beautiful image Bill. My only comment would be that the trees, clouds and church building are all pretty much the same tonal value. If you could somehow draw attention to the church (which to me is the most dramatic part of the image) by selective vignetting or selective tonal contrast I think it would add to the overall punch. Just a thought. In any event I think the inclusion of the human element, albeit small, really adds to the capture.

Matt Murphy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Flickr Sets<http://www.flickr.com/photos/28712192@N08/sets/>

pixures Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009Tue 17-Sep-13 09:59 PM
295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: A Young Boy Feeding Geese"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Matt,

Thanks for the suggestion. I already had some minus exposure on the trees and plus exposure on the church from my final tune up in LR. I pulled the trees down another stop and raised the church .1. I added a vignette which I normally do but forgot to do so on this one. I also cleaned up a little brush "overspray" between the church and the trees.

Bill N
www.images-captured.com
"Like" on Facebook
My Nikonians Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Tue 17-Sep-13 10:48 PM
690 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: A Young Boy Feeding Geese"
In response to Reply # 4

cambridge, US

Now that's what I'm talking about! Great improvement to an already very appealing image. Well done!

Matt Murphy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Flickr Sets<http://www.flickr.com/photos/28712192@N08/sets/>

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Wed 18-Sep-13 01:58 AM
697 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: A Young Boy Feeding Geese"
In response to Reply # 5

Weinheim, DE

WOW, indeed, a great improvement!

Cheers, Klaus
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3831 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.