Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3759
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ashy Sunflower - Helianthis mollis" Previous topic | Next topic
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Tue 10-Sep-13 09:05 AM
709 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Ashy Sunflower - Helianthis mollis"
Tue 10-Sep-13 09:06 AM by kds315

Weinheim, DE

Visible light image

UV image using Baader-U filter:

Simulated bee vision image using XBV filter:

Triptych of the above images:

This flower shows a very specific and unique UV pattern, its petals are UV reflective around 385nm up to the middle (which I haven't seen anywhere before) and additionally reflect at 365nm at its tips. The rest and its center is UV dark forming an UV bullseye pattern.

Cheers, Klaus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

NanoMeter Registered since 17th May 2012Tue 10-Sep-13 10:27 AM
492 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Ashy Sunflower - Helianthis mollis"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Beautiful photos Klaus, especially like the green one, quite rich with color.

Ineluki Gold Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2011Tue 10-Sep-13 11:16 AM
2955 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Ashy Sunflower - Helianthis mollis"
In response to Reply # 0

Nürnberg, DE

Hi Klaus,

because this is the English speaking sector I don`t write something in German

I like your pictures very much. They show another point of view. Only problem for me is the harsh light on some photos. But you did a great job anyway.

Egbert

www.allmondo.com

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/ppuser/401509/cat/500/

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Wed 11-Sep-13 11:09 AM
709 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Ashy Sunflower - Helianthis mollis"
In response to Reply # 2
Wed 11-Sep-13 11:10 AM by kds315

Weinheim, DE

Thanks guys.

Egbert, guess if you'd do UV photography, you'd see that "lighting problem" as the least to bother about... :grin:

Cheers, Klaus
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Thu 12-Sep-13 03:04 PM
4595 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Ashy Sunflower - Helianthis mollis"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Fascinating.....I like these images.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3759 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.