nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3691
View in linear mode

Subject: "New Hope, PA" Previous topic | Next topic
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Fri 06-Sep-13 01:28 PM
4714 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New Hope, PA"

Newtown, US

This has been one of my favorite places since my teens.

D200 IR, 18-200 VR @40mm
1/320, F/10

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New Hope, PA
paul_7e Silver Member
06th Sep 2013
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit
06th Sep 2013
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
06th Sep 2013
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit
06th Sep 2013
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
06th Sep 2013
domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
06th Sep 2013
NanoMeter
06th Sep 2013
pixures Silver Member
07th Sep 2013
07th Sep 2013
DrPaul1 Silver Member
07th Sep 2013
08th Sep 2013
matcam Silver Member
09th Sep 2013
09th Sep 2013
fisherd80fun Silver Member
11th Sep 2013
11th Sep 2013
jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Sep 2013
12th Sep 2013
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography
22nd Sep 2013
23rd Sep 2013

paul_7e Silver Member Charter MemberFri 06-Sep-13 01:56 PM
306 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Great shot, Kathy. The "bike" in the bottom right almost looks like it's moving. I think it adds to the photo.

Paul

Once you reach perfection, is there really room for improvement?

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Fri 06-Sep-13 04:28 PM
4714 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 1

Newtown, US

Hi Paul,
I agree about the bike. Thanks for noticing and the kind remarks!

mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Dec 2006Fri 06-Sep-13 02:35 PM
6258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

A quaint place. You made it look like fall.

Mick
http://www.mickklassphoto.com
or
Visit my nikonians gallery

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Fri 06-Sep-13 04:29 PM
#4. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 2

Newtown, US

Hi Mick,
It is indeed a wonderful place! You're right about it looking like fall, didn't think about that till you mentioned it.

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Fri 06-Sep-13 08:09 PM
52565 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

Great shot, Kathy

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010Fri 06-Sep-13 09:23 PM
848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

Kathy,
Nice photo and a great job with the post processing. The even gold, grey, and blue colors make a pleasant combination. The photo has great tones and I don't see a single blown pixel. Well done!

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.

NanoMeter Registered since 17th May 2012Fri 06-Sep-13 09:27 PM
518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Very cool shot Kathy.
Gray, white and black (the flag, that is)... and the guy on the motorcycle with the red shirt...
Fascinating, and beautiful.

pixures Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Feb 2009Sat 07-Sep-13 02:18 AM
336 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Kathy,

Once again a great use of faux color. The combination of the framing of the house (e.g. composition) and the post processing made for one fine image. Well done.

Bill N
www.images-captured.com
"Like" on Facebook
My Nikonians Gallery

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Sat 07-Sep-13 01:32 PM
#9. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 8

Newtown, US

Gerald, Dan, Steve, and Bill
Thanks for taking the time to have a look and comment on this. I very much appreciate your comments!

This is a great spot for IR photography, and I was lucky to have some nice clouds.

DrPaul1 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2013Sat 07-Sep-13 10:30 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 9

Hallandale, US

Kathy,

I think that the quality in this image is excellent. It is sharp throughout its entire dynamic range. A pleasure to view.

Paul

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Sun 08-Sep-13 01:30 AM
#11. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 10

Newtown, US

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your kind comment, it's very much appreciated!

matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Mon 09-Sep-13 03:04 AM
693 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 0

cambridge, US

Wonderfully evocative photo Kathy. I've never been there but I suspect there are a lot of shooting opportunities if the general building mix is anything like this. Nice effort at taming those power lines as well. They are almost everywhere in the modern world and can degrade many a good shot but they seem to disappear here into the intense color of the rear tree.

Matt Murphy

My Flickr Sets<http://www.flickr.com/photos/28712192@N08/sets/>

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Mon 09-Sep-13 02:39 PM
#13. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 12

Newtown, US

Thanks Matt! Appreciate your feedback!

It's an interesting place with most buildings dating back to the 1700's. New Hope is a short distance from where Washington crossed the Delaware. The area is beautiful and has a rich history. As you said, power lines are everywhere keeping up with the modern day demand and the lack of power back in the 1700's.

fisherd80fun Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2009Wed 11-Sep-13 01:58 AM
500 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 0

Essex, US

Beautiful shot. Like all of your shots, so sharp and crisp! Is that the theater in the background? Have only been to New Hope once. It was wonderful.

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Wed 11-Sep-13 10:34 PM
#15. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 14

Newtown, US

Thanks Lynn! The theater is actually across the street from this visitor's center. During my teen years the theater would host rock concerts. So many great memories of that wonderful venue.

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Thu 12-Sep-13 04:03 PM
4832 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Beautiful

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Thu 12-Sep-13 08:50 PM
#17. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 16

Newtown, US

Thanks John!

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Sun 22-Sep-13 04:55 PM
724 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#18. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 17

Weinheim, DE

Great shot Kathy! Very catchy!!

Cheers, Klaus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Mon 23-Sep-13 01:40 PM
#19. "RE: New Hope, PA"
In response to Reply # 18

Newtown, US

Thanks Klaus,
Much appreciated!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3691 Previous topic | Next topic