Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3648
View in linear mode

Subject: "Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultr..." Previous topic | Next topic
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Sun 01-Sep-13 03:09 PM
687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"

Weinheim, DE

Reflected UV shot using Baader-U filter, simulated bee vision using my XBV6 filter. Lens was my CERCO 94mm quartz fluorite lens. Light source was sunlight. All shots were done at about f5.6.

Visible light image

UV image using Baader-U filter (approx. 320-395nm, effective peak approx. 375nm):

Simulated bee vision image using experimental XBV filter:

Triptych of the above images:

Cheers, Klaus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ...
youVIart Silver Member
01st Sep 2013
kds315 Moderator
01st Sep 2013
youVIart Silver Member
01st Sep 2013
NanoMeter
02nd Sep 2013
youVIart Silver Member
03rd Sep 2013
domer2760 Silver Member
01st Sep 2013
Cavy2 Silver Member
03rd Sep 2013
kds315 Moderator
04th Sep 2013
ericbowles Moderator
09th Sep 2013
kds315 Moderator
13th Sep 2013

youVIart Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Aug 2012Sun 01-Sep-13 07:53 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 0

MU

Very nice, you're getting the hang of this.
What is this, green petals, what colour are it's leaves?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Sun 01-Sep-13 08:00 PM
687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 1

Weinheim, DE

Cheers, Klaus
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:

youVIart Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Aug 2012Sun 01-Sep-13 08:41 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 2

MU

Thanks. A vast flower canopy,leaves left in the shade.

NanoMeter Registered since 17th May 2012Mon 02-Sep-13 06:26 AM
470 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Very nice Klaus, I like the green!

youVIart Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Aug 2012Tue 03-Sep-13 02:20 PM
#6. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 2

MU

Alright, green petals and cyan leaves, what colour the sky and Sun. The buzz is, they use it for navigation?

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010Sun 01-Sep-13 10:10 PM
735 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

Klaus,
These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.
Follow me on Facebook.

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Tue 03-Sep-13 05:27 PM
4263 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 4

Newtown, US

Hi Klaus,
Love them all especially the green!

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Wed 04-Sep-13 02:47 AM
#8. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 7

Weinheim, DE

Thanks, appreciate your comments!

Cheers, Klaus

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Mon 09-Sep-13 11:02 AM
8523 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Nice set of images. Very interesting.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Golf Photography at the Tour Championship and Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Fri 13-Sep-13 09:50 PM
#10. "RE: Orange coneflower - Rudbeckia fulgida in reflected ultraviolet photography and simulated bee vision"
In response to Reply # 9

Weinheim, DE

high resolution close up shots....

Visible light image:

UV image using Baader-U filter (UV):

Simulated bee vision image using experimental XBV filter (UV, blue, green):

Triptych of the above images:

This attractive flower in macro close up even more so shows its very specific UV pattern,
its petals have a UV dark pattern, invisible to us humans. It also shows the conical cell
structures that enable insects to have a better grip on the surface when landed..

Cheers, Klaus

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3648 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.