nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3568
View in linear mode

Subject: "A Day at the Beach" Previous topic | Next topic
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Mon 19-Aug-13 03:21 PM
4714 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"A Day at the Beach"

Newtown, US

Wonderful clouds and unusual low humidity. Ocean City, NJ

D200IR, 18-200 VR

F/11 1/500

F/10 1/400

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: A Day at the Beach
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography
19th Aug 2013
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit
19th Aug 2013
cpopescu Silver Member
19th Aug 2013
Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit
20th Aug 2013
elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement
21st Aug 2013
22nd Aug 2013
matcam Silver Member
23rd Aug 2013
25th Aug 2013
fisherd80fun Silver Member
26th Aug 2013
27th Aug 2013
NanoMeter
29th Aug 2013
30th Aug 2013
jjmirenzi
09th Oct 2013
10th Oct 2013

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Mon 19-Aug-13 05:24 PM
724 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 0

Weinheim, DE

wonderful shots with great clouds Kathy!

Cheers, Klaus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Mon 19-Aug-13 08:54 PM
4714 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 1

Newtown, US

Thanks Klaus,
I couldn't stop shooting because of the clouds. They were wonderful!
I find the second shot to be a bit comical.

cpopescu Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Apr 2011Mon 19-Aug-13 09:10 PM
109 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 1

Paris, RO

Very nice pictures! How did you achieve this type of colouring effect (which I find very appropriate in this context)?

Catalin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Tue 20-Aug-13 01:22 PM
#4. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 3

Newtown, US

Thank you Catalin for posting your kind comment!

The camera is converted with the super color filter (590). Set a custom WB during shooting, then channel swapped the red & blue channels.

elcee Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his sharing knowledge contributions to the community in addition to his words of encouragement for further advancement Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Wed 21-Aug-13 11:54 PM
6710 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 4

Albuquerque, US

#2 is my fave. I love the processing, Kathy.

~LarryC (eLCee)

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Thu 22-Aug-13 05:51 AM
#6. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 5

Newtown, US

Thanks Larry,
I think you've been bitten by the IR bug. Seems like it's the super color variety, which is far more serious. Your D200 is in grave danger.

matcam Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2007Fri 23-Aug-13 06:50 PM
693 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 0

cambridge, US

Very nice Kathy. I think the clouds in #1 are more striking but the color and activity in #2 make it my favorite. I often wish I had a super color conversion filter but one IR body is all I think I can handle at this point.

Matt Murphy

My Flickr Sets<http://www.flickr.com/photos/28712192@N08/sets/>

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Sun 25-Aug-13 03:58 PM
#8. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 7

Newtown, US

Hi Matt,
Thanks for your comment. The super color filter is fun, but you get some great results with your filter as well. Can't have them all.

fisherd80fun Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2009Mon 26-Aug-13 11:59 PM
500 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 0

Essex, US

Another great IR outing by you!

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Tue 27-Aug-13 01:32 PM
#10. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 9

Newtown, US

Thanks Lynn!
I was lucky to be blessed with low humidity and wonderful clouds.

NanoMeter Registered since 17th May 2012Thu 29-Aug-13 06:09 AM
518 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Cool Pics Kathy!

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Fri 30-Aug-13 12:59 PM
#12. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 11

Newtown, US

Thanks Steve!

My husband wanted to title the second Clowns' Day at the Beach, but I felt that would be insulting. Although, I think the IR does give this a comical view.

jjmirenzi Registered since 31st May 2012Wed 09-Oct-13 08:21 PM
152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 09-Oct-13 08:22 PM by jjmirenzi

Dupont, US

Been Viewing all your IR images. Looks like you got it down and love it. I am shooting a wedding next week and will have an asst. I think I will bring my D200IR and have a go at it. will post some images.
Did you ever try converting or shooting any of these to HDR. You might be surprised.

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Thu 10-Oct-13 04:58 PM
#14. "RE: A Day at the Beach"
In response to Reply # 13

Newtown, US

Hi Joe,
Good to hear from you. Appreciate your kind feedback.
I find IR portraits so interesting, looking forward to seeing your wedding shots!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #3568 Previous topic | Next topic