Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #2942
View in linear mode

Subject: "Peachtree Creek in Atlanta - IR with Channel Swap" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 28-Mar-13 06:18 PM
8607 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Peachtree Creek in Atlanta - IR with Channel Swap"
Thu 28-Mar-13 06:19 PM by ericbowles

Atlanta, US

I'm working on a project focused on renewal of a creek and brownfield in Atlanta. At this time of year, IR and B&W seem to be the best options. Here's one that worked out well.

Nikon D600 IR - Enhanced Color
Nikon 16-35 f/4 VR

Post processing was in Capture NX2.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Larry E30 Silver Member Nikonian since 27th May 2009Fri 29-Mar-13 04:19 PM
2314 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Peachtree Creek in Atlanta - IR with Channel Swap"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Looking good.

Sorry I don't have Nikon IR ,I have an awesome Olympus XZ-1....
but what I wanted to tell ya -is- finally getting them to look right.

Glad you do IR,your shot inspire....to get it right,and 'go for it'.

Larry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Fri 29-Mar-13 04:55 PM
697 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Peachtree Creek in Atlanta - IR with Channel Swap"
In response to Reply # 0

Weinheim, DE

Looking very good Eric. Best of luck with your project!

Cheers, Klaus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 29-Mar-13 05:38 PM
8607 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Peachtree Creek in Atlanta - IR with Channel Swap"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

Thanks, Larry and Klaus

One of the biggest differences I've seen with the Enhanced Color conversion is the number of editing options increases geometrically. With a pure IR image, I'm looking at how to process B&W. Now I'm faced with a host of options - different colors, B&W, partial color, and much more flexibility. That's a blessing and a curse.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #2942 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.