Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #2901
View in linear mode

Subject: "Invisible World Photography - some best of" Previous topic | Next topic
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Sun 17-Mar-13 12:09 PM
687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Invisible World Photography - some best of"
Sun 17-Mar-13 12:38 PM by kds315

Weinheim, DE

Here a few of my works, which will be on exhibit soon and also available as large format prints,
just some "eye candy" for the nice people here I thought Please be fair, respect my work and
do not download or distribute those around. I don't mind linking if proper credit is given to me as
is visible in each image, but please do ask me first.

These comprise some 10 years of intense work to make visible the beauty around us, even
if it is invisible to our human eyes. All colors shown are real, there when I pressed the trigger,
no photoshopping done except fine adjustments, using specialized cameras, special filters,
special lightsources and very special lenses. The differences in colors visiblem results from the
different UV reflection of those flowers, some do not reflect at all, or differently in different
parts of the flower.

Some insects and animals (birds, fish, degus,..) can see ultraviolet (UV) light, bees for instance
can see Green and Blue and UV, but no RED but butterflies and birds can see Red, Green and Blue
and UV, so both can see what we humans cannot see, so I developed an optical mapping method,
which allows to simulate, how we would see the world, if we had such special receptive eyes.

Some of my technique is described in my BLOG uvir.eu and I also teach and lecture about that.
Ask me if there is some interest, I'm happy to come by!

Zinnia hybride (visible, ultraviolet UV, simulated butterfly and bee vision)

Rudbeckia hirta (visible, ultraviolet UV, simulated butterfly and bee vision)

Gazania sp. (visible, ultraviolet UV, simulated butterfly and bee vision)

watch here, there will be more to come...

I hope you enjoy the beauty!

Cheers, Klaus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of
domer2760 Silver Member
17th Mar 2013
lastdaylight Gold Member
17th Mar 2013
NanoMeter
17th Mar 2013
kds315 Moderator
18th Mar 2013
elcee Silver Member
19th Mar 2013
kds315 Moderator
19th Mar 2013
swampwizard
20th Mar 2013
Cavy2 Silver Member
20th Mar 2013
kds315 Moderator
20th Mar 2013
jrp Administrator
21st Mar 2013
kds315 Moderator
21st Mar 2013
kds315 Moderator
27th Mar 2013
ericbowles Moderator
29th Mar 2013
jdroach Platinum Member
03rd Apr 2013
kds315 Moderator
03rd Apr 2013

domer2760 Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his frequent assistance to other members by sharing his perspective, skills and expertise, especially with infrared and macro photography. Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2010Sun 17-Mar-13 02:10 PM
755 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 0

Ann Arbor, US

Thank you for posting these, Klaus. They are gorgeous!

Dan
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Flickr Photostream.
Visit my Infrared Photo Blog.
Follow me on Facebook.

lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 09th Dec 2007Sun 17-Mar-13 07:05 PM
801 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 0

Dallas, US

Agreed, thanks for posting Klaus. It is clear that you have spent years perfecting these techniques. Congratulations on the exhibit.

Mark Smith
Just like I previsualized it, more or less...

My Nikonians Gallery

My Website, www.lastdaylight.com

NanoMeter Registered since 17th May 2012Sun 17-Mar-13 07:38 PM
470 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Nice work Klaus!
I especially like the Rudbeckia UV and Butterfly,
the Gazania UV, butterfly, and bee,
and the Zinnia bee vision.

In that order... I think.

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Mon 18-Mar-13 06:26 PM
687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 3

Weinheim, DE

Thanks guys, appreciate it!

Cheers, Klaus
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:

elcee Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Tue 19-Mar-13 04:25 AM
6212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 4

Albuquerque, US

I pop into this forum from time to time, just for a good dose of humility.
The posters in this forum have raised the bar, excellent work.

~LarryC (eLCee)

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Tue 19-Mar-13 06:02 AM
#6. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 5

Weinheim, DE

None needed Larry. Every mortal can do same!!

Cheers, Klaus

swampwizard Registered since 04th Nov 2012Wed 20-Mar-13 10:35 AM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Very Nice

Cavy2 Silver Member Awarded for her continuing willingness to keep on learning and to share her knowledge with others in the Nikonians spirit Nikonian since 02nd Aug 2006Wed 20-Mar-13 08:32 PM
4320 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 7

Newtown, US

Congrats Klaus,
I don't think anyone has a better understanding of this stuff than you. Thanks for sharing all of this with us.

http://kathycavallaro.smugmug.com/

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Wed 20-Mar-13 08:41 PM
#9. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 0

Weinheim, DE

Thanks a lot to all!

Just checked the preprints after having them preped for printing
and I have a felling that those will look great.

Cheers, Klaus

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberThu 21-Mar-13 05:29 AM
34459 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 9

San Pedro Garza García, MX

I am sure they will look gorgeous.
Great work, Klaus.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Thu 21-Mar-13 05:37 AM
#11. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 10

Weinheim, DE

Appreciated JRP!

Cheers, Klaus

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Wed 27-Mar-13 09:32 PM
#12. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 11

Weinheim, DE

Here now some quadriptychs which will be shown at an exhibit soon...

Cheers, Klaus

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Fri 29-Mar-13 06:06 PM
8562 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 0

Atlanta, US

Beautiful set of images, Klaus.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

jdroach Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded. John exhibits true Nikonian spirit by frequently posting images and requesting comments and critique, which he graciously accepts. He is an inspiration to all of us through constant improvement in his own work, keen observations and excellent commentary on images posted by others. Nikonian since 21st Mar 2009Wed 03-Apr-13 08:13 PM
4515 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 0

Milwaukee, US

Lovely work! Thanks so much for showing us this special world you work in.

jdroach, a Milwaukee area and sometimes Chicago area Nikonian.

Visit my Nikonians Blog

Visit my Nikonian gallery

My Flickr Photostream

jdroachphotography.com

kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007Wed 03-Apr-13 08:25 PM
#15. "RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of"
In response to Reply # 14

Weinheim, DE

Thanks guys!

Cheers, Klaus

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public) topic #2901 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.