nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Invisible World Photography - some best of

kds315

Weinheim, DE
750 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography Nikonian since 15th Nov 2007
Sun 17-Mar-13 12:09 PM | edited Sun 17-Mar-13 12:38 PM by kds315

Here a few of my works, which will be on exhibit soon and also available as large format prints,
just some "eye candy" for the nice people here I thought Please be fair, respect my work and
do not download or distribute those around. I don't mind linking if proper credit is given to me as
is visible in each image, but please do ask me first.

These comprise some 10 years of intense work to make visible the beauty around us, even
if it is invisible to our human eyes. All colors shown are real, there when I pressed the trigger,
no photoshopping done except fine adjustments, using specialized cameras, special filters,
special lightsources and very special lenses. The differences in colors visiblem results from the
different UV reflection of those flowers, some do not reflect at all, or differently in different
parts of the flower.

Some insects and animals (birds, fish, degus,..) can see ultraviolet (UV) light, bees for instance
can see Green and Blue and UV, but no RED but butterflies and birds can see Red, Green and Blue
and UV, so both can see what we humans cannot see, so I developed an optical mapping method,
which allows to simulate, how we would see the world, if we had such special receptive eyes.

Some of my technique is described in my BLOG uvir.eu and I also teach and lecture about that.
Ask me if there is some interest, I'm happy to come by!

Zinnia hybride (visible, ultraviolet UV, simulated butterfly and bee vision)

Rudbeckia hirta (visible, ultraviolet UV, simulated butterfly and bee vision)

Gazania sp. (visible, ultraviolet UV, simulated butterfly and bee vision)

watch here, there will be more to come...

I hope you enjoy the beauty!

Cheers, Klaus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Link(s) to the lens database (macro, UV, IR) as well as to my UV BLOG, plus many UV images here:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Invisible World Photography - some best of