nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #913
View in linear mode

Subject: "Just here for the second time. Need some advice." Previous topic | Next topic
kdsmithjr Silver Member Charter MemberTue 25-Jan-11 05:18 AM
2592 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Just here for the second time. Need some advice."

Ithaca, US

Hi all. I posted here late last spring/early summer after visiting the phils for my first time. I drove myself from manila to baguiou and back down to tagaytay and I loved it, had nothing but great experiences (even though warned about driving--don't believe it...it's fine). Long story short, I'm back. I retired at the end of 2010 and I'm on an extended tourist visa and I'll stay as long as I can make extension...I hear that's up to two years.

I'm living down in davao del sur with a family and I'd like to get a decent printer, so I can crank out some decent output of the incredible people and scenery here. Can anyone help? Where is a good source of decent, new printers...like, say, an Epson R2880. I still have an R2880 at home in upstate NY, but shipping it would probably make buying a new one here not that much more money--and the one here would be new.

I just saw an epson stylus pro 3885 here. it looks like something in the ball park of what i want, but a call to an epson dealer in davao made it sound like i wanted the first born of some martian prince. the referred me to the SM mall--a known shopping mall where you can get lots of consumer goods, but I'd think a "photo store"--that's what epson billed it as--would be the best source.

any help would be appreciated.

K. D. Smith, Jr.
My gallery: http://www.nikonians-images.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1334

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 25-Jan-11 03:15 PM
10873 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Just here for the second time. Need some advice."
In response to Reply # 0

US

It's been years since I've been home, but try this index of camera service providers:

http://www.acecam.com/philippines.html

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

kdsmithjr Silver Member Charter MemberWed 26-Jan-11 02:57 AM
2592 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Just here for the second time. Need some advice."
In response to Reply # 1

Ithaca, US

Thanks, a lot. I got some great sources and found some places (a magazine and some schools) where I am sure I can find some serious, experienced shooters.

K. D. Smith, Jr.
My gallery: http://www.nikonians-images.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1334

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #913 Previous topic | Next topic