nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #756
View in linear mode

Subject: "Need help in choosing lens" Previous topic | Next topic
rocelafrica Registered since 16th Apr 2009Fri 08-May-09 06:13 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Need help in choosing lens"
Tue 21-Apr-09 02:01 PM by rocelafrica

Jakarta, ID

Hi,

I need help in choosing 3rd party lens. I want the 18-200mm lens but Nikon is a bit expensive. I'm looking at Sigma, Tamron and Tokina.

Any advice on which ones to choose?

Thank you in advance!

Btw, pinoy po ako. =)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Need help in choosing lens
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
21st Apr 2009
rocelafrica
22nd Apr 2009
omsantos
22nd Apr 2009
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
22nd Apr 2009

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberTue 21-Apr-09 07:56 PM
10885 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Need help in choosing lens"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Kumusta na Rocel? Welcome to the Kape!

Madami namang Nikonians na gumagamit nang third-party brands. Isip ko - comparable lahat sila if you remove the Nikon 18-200 out of the equation. Malapit ang Sigma, kasi me OS at HSM na, which was really the defining factors that kept Sigma a distant second nuon. Tamron is also very close, as they're building more and more lenses with built-in motors (BIM) and their own brand of optical stabilization. Tokina to me is excelling more in the wide-angle space with multiple offerings that cover the 11-24 range, some at f2.8.

I think any of the options are equally good. Kasi multi-purpose lens diba? The expectation is na hindi gagamitin mo at full-aperture, you're going to be stopping down at any focal length para makuha mo ang max image quality. So it's a matter of near super-zoom like the new 18-270 or keeping it more manageable with one of the 18-200 clones.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

rocelafrica Registered since 16th Apr 2009Wed 22-Apr-09 01:57 AM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Need help in choosing lens"
In response to Reply # 1
Wed 22-Apr-09 02:00 AM by rocelafrica

Jakarta, ID

Thank you sa pag welcome sir! Bago pa lang po kasi ako sa dlsr. Kaso po, na-assign po ako na magkuha ng class picture sa school na pinagtatrabahuhan ko.

2nd hand ko lang po kasi nabili yung D50, ang kasamang lens is 28-80mm. nagkakaproblema po ako kasi yung kuha ko sa mga bata, medyo malayo pag 28mm ang focal length ko. pag 18 po, medyo wide po ng kaunti. tama po ba?

thank you sir sa info na binigay nyo. nakatulong ng malaki sa akin na newbie pa lang. =)

eto pa po sir, parang nikon na tlga ang gusto kong lens. ang pinagpipilian ko naman po, 18-105 VR at 18-135. ano po ang maisa-suggest nyo na bilhin ko?

maraming salamat po.

omsantos Registered since 22nd Apr 2009Wed 22-Apr-09 07:54 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Need help in choosing lens"
In response to Reply # 2

US

i would suggest for you to get a versatile lens. nikon 18-200vr. this is a good, all around lens.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberWed 22-Apr-09 01:46 PM
10885 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Need help in choosing lens"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Between the two - 18-105. Walang VR ang 135, and mas malakas ang Chromatic Aberration (CA) effects on the longer lens - titira sa image quality mo.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #756 Previous topic | Next topic