nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #401
View in linear mode

Subject: "Philippine Service Center" Previous topic | Next topic
techram61 Registered since 22nd May 2007Tue 22-May-07 03:16 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Philippine Service Center"

Tarlac, PH

Hi, Everyone. Just a newbie here. On behalf of all Filipino Nikon users, I just want to post here and air our grievances concerning our petition for a Philippine Nikon Service Center. You see, Nikon sales is slumping here in our country because people choose Canon equipment instead for their many service centers almost in major cities. Furthermore, former Filipino Nikonians are forced to switch to Canon equipment because they have nowhere to run to for qualified services and repairs if they choose Nikon.

I hope and pray Nikonians.org and this respected forum can help your Nikon brothers here in the Philippines by helping us make this urgent and desperate plea reach the desk of the President/CEO of Nikon Japan.

Thank you all!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Philippine Service Center
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd May 2007
ryanP
22nd May 2007
paulvincent
31st May 2007
yuriboiblu
03rd Jun 2007
paulvincent
03rd Jun 2007

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Charter MemberTue 22-May-07 09:46 PM
18629 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Philippine Service Center"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

Welcome to Nikonians! I hope that the service issues in the PI gets resolved soon.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
Two is One, One is NONE - always have a backup!

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

ryanP Registered since 09th Feb 2007Tue 22-May-07 10:08 PM
99 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Philippine Service Center"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm all for it, but I'm in the middle of the U.S.A. I cant say if you, and many others want Nikon. It appears you do, though. Continue with the petition, that's the only way to show that many people still want Nikon in the Philippines.

Once you get enough people who want the same thing you do, show Nikon. If they still wont listen to you, send a well written letter to Pop Photo magazine, and any other camera magazines to get the word out about your problem. That might sway them! Good luck.

-Ryan

paulvincent Registered since 09th May 2007Thu 31-May-07 02:37 AM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Philippine Service Center"
In response to Reply # 0

PH

Im with you bro, there is only one service center here for nikon. The "official service center" or the main head office for nikon and its located at Del Monte QC. I think they are having internal problems. Their service before is very poor and only give priority with the elite users of nikon but i think now they are trying to improve that. Coz i know they are now realizing that a great number of photogs are switching to the other side. So they better get their acts straight if they want to keep us a handful of nikon users sticking with nikon.

I just had my d70 serviced coz the mirror wont flap all the way. They fixed it in a matter of a week. They even ordered the part from singapore. I guess thats quite fast. Way before i just want my lens cleaned and they said it will take 2 months.

I know they are trying to improve and they want to improve. Well they better be.

I love using nikon. I have 2 d200 a d80 and a d70 and eying for the d2xs. I just hope things would be much better for this coming months or years.

One more thing. Nikon Philippines should have service centers around and not just in one place.

yuriboiblu Basic MemberSun 03-Jun-07 02:35 PM
259 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Philippine Service Center"
In response to Reply # 3

Calgary, CA

this is what we want to be sure of. so good support from our Nikon centers. i've read from columbia digital in manila that they ask 50% surcharge and parts if your Nikon unit/s is from the grey market.

~yuriboiblu
nikonian, saudi arabia

My Nikonians Gallery
My Other Sports Room

Yuriboiblu

paulvincent Registered since 09th May 2007Sun 03-Jun-07 04:43 PM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Philippine Service Center"
In response to Reply # 4

PH

well that sucks! Like i said here before that its better if nikon phil. will listen to what the customers want and not what they want. So both parties will benefit. Grey market offers much better deals. Giving pdc's for regular customers and giving much lower price. Im not saying that they should bring their prices down at grey market level at least be competitive with the grey market and give good service with all their customers. Definitely that will attract all grey market supporters and new customers. At least allow pdc's.

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #401 Previous topic | Next topic