nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #226
View in linear mode

Subject: "going to palawan" Previous topic | Next topic
chidalgo5006 Registered since 31st Dec 2006Sun 31-Dec-06 05:26 AM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"going to palawan"

porter ranch, US

I will be going to palawan next month and i am bring my d80 18-200vr lens outfit. any suggestions for breath taking sunsets landscape shots? i will be staying in puerta princessa, hopefully i can post some pictures when i come back. Ako, filipino sa Los Angeles!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: going to palawan
yuriboiblu
01st Jan 2007
notarius
07th Jan 2007
beeboy
08th Jan 2007
roiko
19th Jan 2007
chidalgo5006
19th Jan 2007
yuriboiblu
19th Jan 2007
Mystic
23rd Jan 2007

yuriboiblu Basic MemberMon 01-Jan-07 10:21 AM
259 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: going to palawan"
In response to Reply # 0

Calgary, CA

welcome "going to palawan" ... happy new year sa iyo. hopefully, our other filipino nikikonians have visited palawan. yan ang aabangan namin, ang view & happenings sa paguwi mo.

~yuriboiblu
nikonian, saudi arabia

My Nikonians Gallery
My Other Sports Room

Yuriboiblu

notarius Registered since 17th May 2006Sun 07-Jan-07 03:34 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: going to palawan"
In response to Reply # 0

Makati, PH

Hi. You should consider an overnight trip to St. Paul's underground river, and extended trips to San Vicente and El Nido. You will be amazed at the beauty of the place.

beeboy Registered since 20th Nov 2004Mon 08-Jan-07 03:17 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: going to palawan"
In response to Reply # 0

Singapore, SG

Some suggestions on what to do in Puerto Princesa:
1. Take a boat ride to Honda Bay and do island hopping. One of the more popular resorts there is Dos Palmas.
2. The subterranean river is also interesting. Be prepared to get some massage
3. Vietnamese village(Vietville) - a group of Vietnam refugees settled in Palawan but have now slowly moved out.
4. There's also a crocodile farm.
5. Have also been to El Nido. I highly recommend this place if you have the time. It is on the other side of the island (Northwest tip of Palawan) so you will have to take a road trip if coming from Puerto Princesa (which is on the east side). You can stay with El Nido resorts (where everything is paid up - food, lodging and activities) or in the main city (where you rent a boat for a day that can take you island hopping).

I have a few shots taken from a trip with my wife.
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickcua/138097870/in/set-72057594121647565/> or this...
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/patrickcua/138097819/in/set-72057594121647565/>

Enjoy and share your pics!

Patrick

roiko Registered since 23rd Dec 2006Fri 19-Jan-07 05:28 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: going to palawan"
In response to Reply # 0

Stay ka sa "Casa Linda" located in Puerto Princessa mismo, then pag need mo guide e tanung mo si Manong Mar - just ask him by name sa frontdesk - he's a cool guide ( may malasakit). Definitely go to Sabang beach and maybe stay there ovenight or more, maganda sunsets don, i too took my D80 there and i had a blast with it.

chidalgo5006 Registered since 31st Dec 2006Fri 19-Jan-07 05:46 AM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: going to palawan"
In response to Reply # 4

porter ranch, US

thanks roiko, actually i an dying to take sunset and sunrise photos, i also will bring a 12-24 superwide just incase. how is the weather during feb. i leave in two weeks! b.t.w. i am also certified scuba diver i shall bring with me my u.w. camera as well! pag balik ko i shall post photos here and in underwater photo narin! thanks!

yuriboiblu Basic MemberFri 19-Jan-07 10:59 PM
259 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: going to palawan"
In response to Reply # 5

Calgary, CA

chidalgo5006, good luck sa trip mo. at aabangan namin ang mga photos mo lalo na ang UW shots mong magagawa this vacation of yours.

~yuriboiblu
nikonian, saudi arabia

My Nikonians Gallery
My Other Sports Room

Yuriboiblu

Mystic Basic MemberTue 23-Jan-07 07:35 AM
64 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: going to palawan"
In response to Reply # 6

PH

if you're going to sabang & visit st. paul's underground river, don't forget to bring an OFF lotion. some visitors have the foresight of getting anti-malaria prescriptions from their doctors which they take 2 weeks before the trip

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #226 Previous topic | Next topic