Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #193
View in linear mode

Subject: "Kabaroan" Previous topic | Next topic
avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberMon 27-Nov-06 06:22 PM
18536 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Kabaroan"

Rancho Cordova, US

Just wondering, with all the Pilipinos here, do any of you practice any of the FMA (Filipino Martial Arts - Arnis, Eskrima, Kali, Sikaran or other)?

I have been study Estalilla-Bansuelo Kabaroan for several years. Grandmaster Ramiro Estalilla first learned this Ilocano art from his uncles and his parents during WWII in Zamboanga. Grandmaster's father first taught the art in the US in the 1920s in Minneapolis, MN. Now residing in Fresno, CA, it is always a pleasure to meet with him when he comes up to Sacramento to teach and enjoy his fellowship.

Associate Grandmaster Ed Bansuelo is one Grandmaster's students and a great person to learn the art from.

Here are a few pictures:

GM Estalilla and Assoc GM Banseulo demonstrating the knife.

GM Estalilla and Assoc GM Bansuelo.

GM Estalilla imparting his knowledge.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
Two is One, One is NONE - always have a backup!

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #193 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.