Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #189
View in linear mode

Subject: "ako'y isang Pinoy( I am a Filipino).........sa NY" Previous topic | Next topic
byron0512 Registered since 21st Feb 2006Sun 26-Nov-06 11:59 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ako'y isang Pinoy( I am a Filipino).........sa NY"

brooklyn, US

kamusta kayong lahat (how r u)
ako po'y isang pinoy dito sa NY tubong Quezon City na nagsusumikap matutong kumuha ng larawan ng mga magagandang tao at tanawin. (I am a Filipino living in NY trying learn how to take good portraits and landscapes). Ako'y isang baguhan dito.(I'm a newbie). I am a D50 user with 18-70mm lens and sb500 flash. Is it worth to buy 18-200 vr? 70-300 VR? and meron ba kayong mairerecomend na libro o DVD o class para mas matuto akong kumuha ng picture ng aking pamilya?

Maganda itong kapihan na ito.

Nawa'y pagpalain tayong lahat ng Maykapal.
(GODBLESS!)

As for me and my house we will serve the Lord....

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

petrieme Registered since 29th Jan 2007Sun 26-Nov-06 01:36 PM
606 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ako'y isang Pinoy( I am a Filipino).........sa NY"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Kumusta po sila?

For portraits, the 18-70 is a great starting point-- considering u already own it With the digi crop factor, I would add the 85 1.8, which offers suberb value, performance, and a focal length that will be your mainstay. I personally would not use slow lens (the ones you mentioned) for portraits.

-----
"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees." -William Blake

http://fstopstudios.blogspot.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberSun 26-Nov-06 03:56 PM
10577 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ako'y isang Pinoy( I am a Filipino).........sa NY"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Kumusta na Byron - welcome sa forum dini. Taga QC 'rin ako - so many years ago.

Okey ang 18-70 at 70-300 VR (assuming okey or better ang performance as compared sa lumang model). Very lightweight pair that would cover most focal lengths of interest. Maganda rin ang 18-200 VR pero meron ka nang 18-70 na kasing galing nang 18-200 sa common focal lengths.

Maraming mga libro sa pagkukuha nang "family pictures." Dito sa Nikonians, meron tayong bookstore; sa Barebones section makikita mo dalwang libro - How to Photograph Your Family and National Geographic Field Guide: People and Portraits. Magaling yung mga NG guides - highly recommended.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Stitch Registered since 12th Jan 2006Mon 27-Nov-06 07:31 AM
332 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ako'y isang Pinoy( I am a Filipino).........sa NY"
In response to Reply # 2

US

My favorite portrait lens I use is a 35-105 3.5.
It has a slow focus, but the sharpness makes up for it.

80-200 VR 2.8 is overkill I think unless you plan to shoot sports or fast moving objects all the time.

-------------------------
www.philipcuencofilms.com

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS Café Filipino (Public) topic #189 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.