Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can you guys Help me???

vinylfreak01

2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
vinylfreak01 Registered since 23rd Jul 2006
Fri 08-Sep-06 10:21 AM

Mga Kababayan,

First of all, Let me introduce myself, I'm from Manila. But due to my work, I frequently travel around. Iyong mga kasama ko sa work (and kasama ko magtravel), they looooovve photography, thus, I got hooked too.

Anyway, just wanted to ask some help on purchasing equiment here in Manila (as well as abroad) for Nikon equipment. Kasi as you know its very hard to find Nikon resources for lens and equipment here in Manila. I went to Quiapo sometimes, pero some of the 2nd hand stuff there is quite dubious. I have 2 lenses, both are 2nd hand stuff. And I bought it in the US (Pasadena, California) pa. I went to Samy's there, and found 2 good lenses for a reasonable price. I don't go to the US often, and prices some other countries are outrageous (compared to Amazon.com)

Although, I have been doing some photography since HS. I never really had the money before, its only now that I'm working that I can pursue this hobby of mine. I just wanted to compare "notes" with you guys if I have the proper equipment, kasi I got these items by looking at several Nikon reviews only. Also, just want to ask if you know a place here in Manila (other than Quiapo), where I can buy Nikon lenses and stuff.

In my bag are:
- Nikon D70
- AF 18-70mm DX Lens (the one with the D70 kit)
- AF 35-70mm F/2.8 Lens (there are mixed comments abt. this lens, but
i absolutely love this lens. 2nd Hand pa)
- AF 50mm F/1.4 Lens (my other 2nd hand lens, my sharpest lens
at the moment)
- AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6G (bought it brand-new on-sale sa Amsterdam)
- 67' Circ Polarizer; 62' circ polarizer and 62' 80A filter

I plan to buy a SB-800 or SB-600 na flash e. Cheapiest I've seen is sa Amazon.com (thus, ayun ang benchmark ko). Other than that, mahal lahat e. Do you know any place at all in Manila where I can buy stuff that is cheaper than Amazon.com

How about a tripod? I have a very old slik tripod with a plastic parts. Di nya kaya when I use my 35-70mm lens kasi mabigat e. Any suggestions?

Anyway, I hope you can help a photo hobbyist like me.

Thanks!

vinylfreak

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Can you guys Help me???

G