Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS The Dutch Café (Public) topic #571
View in linear mode

Subject: "Clubs and Workshops in Limburg" Previous topic | Next topic
charliko1 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jun 2009Mon 15-Jun-09 11:16 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Clubs and Workshops in Limburg"

US

Are there any in the Limburg area for an English only guy? I really miss my club that was stateside. I especially miss the shooting type workshops. I wish there were something similar in Limburg area.

Thanks in advance for any direction!!

-Charlie

Ohtotrulysee what others never notice.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Clubs and Workshops in Limburg
mhofman Silver Member
05th Jul 2009
charliko1 Silver Member
05th Jul 2009
mhofman Silver Member
05th Jul 2009
nukkie53
08th Jun 2011
charliko1 Silver Member
08th Jun 2011

mhofman Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jun 2006Sun 05-Jul-09 10:01 AM
259 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Clubs and Workshops in Limburg"
In response to Reply # 0

Rotterdam e.o., NL

Hi Charlie,

I don't know about english clubs and Workshops in Limburg. But I think a some of the dutch Nikonians speak english too.

I can't get much info from your profile and image gallery, but maybe you can shoot with one of more Nikonians together. I'm living nearby Rotterdam. That's about 2 hours drive from the south of Limburg. In the middle it's only one hour

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but it can be fun. And Nikonians is like a 'club' too.

Regards, Marco

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

charliko1 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jun 2009Sun 05-Jul-09 02:07 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Clubs and Workshops in Limburg"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>Hi Charlie,
>
>I don't know about english clubs and Workshops in Limburg. But
>I think a some of the dutch Nikonians speak english too.
>
>I can't get much info from your profile and image gallery, but
>maybe you can shoot with one of more Nikonians together. I'm
>living nearby Rotterdam. That's about 2 hours drive from the
>south of Limburg. In the middle it's only one hour
>
>Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but it can be fun.
>And Nikonians is like a 'club' too.
>
>Regards, Marco

Thanks for the reply Marco. I have just joined Nikonians and am going to a NX2 workshop in Seattle while on vacation stateside. I suppose I need to post more and get a few shots online. As I get older, late 50's here, I seem to enjoy getting the shots more. When I lived in the Seattle area, I loved doing the landscapes. Maybe I will try my hand at shooting the kids playing soccer err football, just to keep skill levels.

A lot of photography is seeing it before its taken, a skill many of us wish to develop. I am semi retired, so have time during the week or weekends to shoot. There is a wildlife park in Gangelt which is a stones throw away. I have yet to visit Africa, but do a bit of traveling, most recently Myanmar. I will try to post and give you an idea of what I have tried in past.

A guy on Depreview.com sent me a list of Dutch photo clubs. I may just have to forge ahead and try to attend some meetings. One on one the folks in Limburg are kind and speak English very well.

Thanks for the reply and I hope we can shoot sometime.

-Charlie

mhofman Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Jun 2006Sun 05-Jul-09 02:24 PM
259 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Clubs and Workshops in Limburg"
In response to Reply # 2

Rotterdam e.o., NL

Hi Charlie,

I'm shooting railways in Limburg every year. That's the museum railway ZLSM. They have a railway between Schin op Geul and Simpelveld. Beside trains, I think the area has a lot of landscape possibilities too. And Ihat's not to far away from your location either.

We can meet some time and do some shooting together. That will be fun

Regards, Marco

nukkie53 Registered since 08th Jun 2011Wed 08-Jun-11 02:37 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Clubs and Workshops in Limburg"
In response to Reply # 0

NL

Hi Charlie, I am new on the Nikonians site just running through some of the topics I saw your question. I don't know if it's to late but I will answer. Thera are a lot of clubs in Limburg that can welcome you as a member and I think that English will not be a problem. In the link below you see al the Limburgian clubs with links, I hope this will after all help you.
http://www.fotobondlimburg.nl/fotoclubs-en-groepen.html

Regards,

Jan

charliko1 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Jun 2009Wed 08-Jun-11 06:13 PM
#5. "RE: Clubs and Workshops in Limburg"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Just a short note of thanks for the listing. In particular I am looking for a club that has monthly or semi monthly competitions. With that list, I am sure I will be able to find a club.

Thanks again,

-charlie

Forums Lobby MULTILINGUAL NIKONIANS The Dutch Café (Public) topic #571 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.