New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Photo Book Publishers?

Jamed600 Jamed600

Is from: Naperville, US
795 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Jamed600 Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Mar 2013
Wed 03-Dec-14 11:16 AM
This question is not appropriate for this forum (and probably too amateurish) but I could not find a better one. If there is a better forum request that a moderator redirect this.

Each Christmas we have printed a book for each of our children/grandchildren highlighting our families activities over the past year. Typically these run about 300+ images. In the past couple of years I have used services like Snapfish and Shutterfly. They are pretty flexible in terms of page layout, adding text, cropping etc. However I have not been impressed with the quality of the images/printing. Images are soft and flat compared my edited images in Lightroom. So, some questions. Does anyone have a service to recommend? Secondly, on exporting .jpgs from Lightroom what settings and quality level/image size (in Mb) would you suggest for this type of printing?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Photo Book Publishers?

G