New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

D750 Problem with ACDSee Pro 8 Processing

karloak

Is from: Vienna, AT
1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
karloak Registered since 24th Oct 2012
Sun 09-Nov-14 11:03 PM
I have been using ACDSee software for some time now and find that it fits my needs very well (desktop and notebook PCs with Windows 7 Home, all current Widows updates installed).

However, the ACDSee Pro 8 that I now have constantly crashes when processing JPEG images from my new D750.
(D750 NEF images do not open in Pro 8 yet as an update is required).

This problem occurs especially when attempting to use Full Screen view by pressing F or 100 percent view by mouse click.

The result is that the "program has encountered a problem and must close" message appears and Pro 8 shuts down.

I am aware of the ACDSee web page list of correction steps.
These suggestions focus on the Database function of the software.
I have tried all of these, both before and after a full reinstall of the software.
This had no effect and the malfunction continues to occur.

My contact with ACDSee Support has so far only resulted in the same ineffective correction steps being suggested.

However, my further testing has now revealed more about the problem.
The details that follow are, to say the least, complicated and unusual.

#1. With JPEG images from my other Nikon cameras and previous Nikon cameras Pro 8 behaves quite normally.

#2. To test the problem further, in Pro 8 I went to Options/Database/Excluded Folders and added my main photos folder to the excluded list. This effectively removed the Database function.

#3. Having done step #2, the problem no longer occurs and Pro 8 functions normally even with my D750 JPEG images.

#4. Then, to further complicate the testing, I downloaded and installed the trial version of the alternative ACDSee 18.
To my surprise and wonder this software version functions totally normally with my D750 JPEG images, even with the Database operating!!

I am wondering if any other Nikonians have had this problem and, more generally, can anyone suggest a possible means of correcting it.

I have sent these further details to ACDSee Support and I await their response with interest ....

Many thanks,
Allen.

G