Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

What program do you use for slideshows?

ruedi ruedi

Is from: Bern, CH
469 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ruedi Registered since 15th Nov 2005
Fri 07-Mar-14 05:05 AM
On my trips abroad I usually shoot quite a lot of pictures. Usually I select about 200 - 300 to show as a slideshow to my friends. And here is where the challenge starts ...

I thought my requirements for a slideshow program should be simple enough to meet:

1. It should display the images without a border full screen on my full-HD TV (short side 1080 px, the downsampling and appropriate sharpening is done in Lightroom).
2. It should be possible to trigger the change from one image to the next manually (e.g. with a mouse click)
3. The change from one images to the next should be with a fade transition (alpha channel fade)
4. I would like to include short movie sequences
5. and last but not least I'd like to be able to stop the show, go to a certain image and continue from there.

Here's what I tried (Windows PC):
Adobe Lightroom slideshow module: If you enable manual image change, there's no alpha channel fade possible anymore. Including movie sequences is possible but playback is jerky (may be a memory problem of my laptop).

Google Picasa: Similar to LR: Very nice transitions but no manual image change, or manual image change but no transitions.

Several iPad-apps, via AirPlay. But either the image is not full screen or the one of the above requirements is not met. The iPhoto looked promising, but the show always starts at the first image, there's no way to start in the middle of an image selection.

What are your experiences' What programs do you use?

Ruedi
Nikonian in Bern, Switzerland

Visit my Nikonians gallery or www.ruedis.ch

Subject
ID
Reply message Ask Adobe to include manual alpha channel transitions i...
Reply message RE: Ask Adobe to include manual alpha channel transitio...
Reply message RE: What program do you use for slideshows?

G