Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67772
View in linear mode

Subject: "Photoshop Elements 6- Wont reinstall" Previous topic | Next topic
rexd Registered since 21st Mar 2013Wed 13-Nov-13 11:42 PM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Photoshop Elements 6- Wont reinstall"

Bartlesville, US

I reformatted hard drive and get #6 to reinstall. It will finish right up no error messages at all. It shows up on my programs list and even in control panel

Im sorry there was an error message. It says " Failed to find PS#6. I have the disk and have tried several times and nothing happens. E ven have a short cut on desktop

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Thu 14-Nov-13 12:44 PM
933 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Photoshop Elements 6- Wont reinstall"
In response to Reply # 0

Buffalo, US

Did you reformat the primary disk and reload the operating system too? If so, which operating system are you using? Or did you reformat a secondary disk and load Elements on it?

rexd Registered since 21st Mar 2013Thu 14-Nov-13 02:58 PM
133 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Photoshop Elements 6- Wont reinstall"
In response to Reply # 1

Bartlesville, US

There was no second disk. I am using Vista

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jimsanders Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2008Thu 14-Nov-13 04:21 PM
933 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Photoshop Elements 6- Wont reinstall"
In response to Reply # 2

Buffalo, US

I have no experience with Vista so what I recommend might not be valid.

On my XP system the first thing I would check is the path for the shortcut by right-clicking on it, then choose Properties. That would place me in the Shortcut tab. There should be a path to an executable file in the Target box. In my case for PSE 9, that path is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements 9 Organizer\Photoshop Elements 9.0.exe"

Assuming there is something entered in that Target box, next I would click on the Find Target button near the bottom of the Properties box. In Windows XP it takes me there to see the file.

Before I waste any more of your time, does it work the same in Vista?

PattyBWest Registered since 15th Sep 2013Thu 14-Nov-13 07:10 PM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Photoshop Elements 6- Wont reinstall"
In response to Reply # 3

Jacksonville, US

First, yes Vista gives the same pathline information as does XP and in basically the same manner, so that should help if you need to go further.

I, too, have a VISTA system that I reformatted in June, and like you I had similar problems. It is possible one of your discs is "dirty" or may be damaged/corrupted. I suggest going to Adobe website and try downloading Photoshop Elements from their site. You have the actual disks with the Registration Code, so when it does download from Adobe, you can re-enter that information. I think you said you were trying to reinstall Photoshop Elements 6? If so, go to this address at Adobe.com:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?term=photoshop+elements+6+download&loc=en_us&siteSection=products%3Acreativecloud.html%3Fsdid%3DJRSIM%26skwcid%3DAL%213085%2110%212843928507%2120355411353%26ef_id%3DUoUnEgAAALBccQXX%3A20131114194002%3As

This is the page for downloading the trial version of Elements 6. (NOTE: If you are using a newer version of Elements, search for that version in the search bar at the top of the Adobe website page.) I find that when downloading programs from the internet, I want to keep the original setup version, so instead of clicking download and run, I "save" the download file to Downloads on my computer. I would create a file for Adobe within the downloads file and then "save as" to that particular folder. By doing this, you can find it later should you need it again. After "saving as", I go back to the adobe download page and click download again. This time, let the installer "run" the download and install and then enter your registration data. This will allow the trial version to become a fully active and registered version of the program. THEN, if this does not work, contact Adobe Support and tell them what you have done. They should be able to advise of any other problems with reinstalling from the CD.

After doing this, you should be back in service.

Patty

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67772 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.