Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67735
View in linear mode

Subject: "DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price" Previous topic | Next topic
mpage Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jun 2004Sat 02-Nov-13 01:29 PM
321 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price"

San Jose, US

DxO has released a new version of Optics Pro. The new version is DxO Optics Pro 9, and DxO has a special upgrade price until November 20th. I just upgraded my version 8 to version 9 for $69. After November 20th the upgrade price will be $99.

You need to log into your account at:

https://shop.dxo.com/login_overview.php

You will be provided the upgrade options. After selecting your upgrade option, click the "Confirm" button to continue to the Shopping Cart with the reduced upgrade price.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price
kennoll Gold Member
02nd Nov 2013
William Rounds Gold Member
02nd Nov 2013
mpage Silver Member
02nd Nov 2013
kennoll Gold Member
03rd Nov 2013
mpage Silver Member
03rd Nov 2013
mpage Silver Member
05th Nov 2013

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Sat 02-Nov-13 07:00 PM
737 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

I have been using a trial version of Optics Pro 9. The current intro price is $99 to purchase. Goes to $169, the standard price, after Nov 20th.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

William Rounds Gold Member Nikonian since 25th Mar 2011Sat 02-Nov-13 07:46 PM
290 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price"
In response to Reply # 1

Rambouillet, FR

I've been a user of DxO for several years and bought the upgrade. I like the feature of seeing what a variety of presets can do before selecting the most appropriate. It imported all of my existing presets with no problem.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

mpage Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jun 2004Sat 02-Nov-13 11:41 PM
321 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat 02-Nov-13 11:42 PM by mpage

San Jose, US

Ken,

>I have been using a trial version of Optics Pro 9. The
>current intro price is $99 to purchase. Goes to $169, the
>standard price, after Nov 20th.

That price is for the Standard Version. The Elite Version is $100 more. The Elite Version includes Camera/Lens profiles for the more expensive cameras.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Sun 03-Nov-13 01:22 AM
737 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price"
In response to Reply # 3

Seattle, US

Thanks Mark. The Standard version is OK with me as I have a D300s. The Elite version accommodates the "more expensive cameras" (read Pro, semi-pro cameras) such as the Dn, D600, and D800 cameras, which I'm not currently considering at this time.

I have a a different post stream going in this forum, "DxO Software", in which I'm looking for DxO user input so I can decide whether to pull the trigger on Optics Pro 9 or not. I currently have LR5, CNX2, PSE10, and VNX, which serve me well.

While others suffer from NAS, Nikon Acquisition Syndrome, I suffer from SAS, Software Acquisition Syndrome. Focus and noise are my demons. A tripod helps a lot with the focus but the noise is a problem above ISO 400. DxO is supposed to have a heavy-duty noise suppressor but I haven't seen is yet. At least not any better the LR5.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

mpage Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jun 2004Sun 03-Nov-13 12:38 PM
#5. "RE: DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price"
In response to Reply # 4

San Jose, US

Ken,

I like DxO Optics Pro for the first step in my workflow because it is quick and powerful, not to mention easy to use.

Take a look at this thread I posted some time ago:

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=set_threaded_mode&forum=196&topic_id=67315&prev_page=show_topic&gid=67315#67315

Since I got DxO Optics Pro I have not used Capture NX2. LightRoom is powerful and does more Photoshop-like things than does DxO Optics Pro, but since I have Photoshop Extended CS6, I do not miss these features.

I really like the camera/lens profiles created by the DxO technicians. LightRoom has user generated profiles. It really is a personal choice that one need to decided based on specific workflow needs.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

mpage Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jun 2004Tue 05-Nov-13 08:30 AM
#6. "RE: DxO Optics Pro Upgrade Price"
In response to Reply # 4
Tue 05-Nov-13 08:34 AM by mpage

San Jose, US

Ken,

Here was the first test I did with DxO.

This correction was accomplished by merely opening up the image in DxO Optics Pro with the camera/lens profile. It corrected for exposure, color, barrel distortion, and vignetting. The shadow was caused by the on-camera speedlight and the lens.

-Mark-

My Nikonians Gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67735 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.