Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67681
View in linear mode

Subject: "Mike Hagen's Hazy Image Tricks - My attempt!" Previous topic | Next topic
richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Fri 11-Oct-13 04:53 PM
3352 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Mike Hagen's Hazy Image Tricks - My attempt!"
Fri 11-Oct-13 05:02 PM by richardd300

Dyserth, GB

I very much enjoyed Mike's " Fixing a Hazy Photograph" tutorial. I have attempted this myself with varying success, however I can say Mike's method is certainly very good. So, I attempted an image I took in Snowdonia this summer of Mount Snowdon with a steam train ascending. What becomes more apparent is that further down the railway there is clearly anoth train descending which I had not noticed before. Also, walkers are clearly visible on the slopes above the steam train

Anyway, this is my attempt and it certainly adds clarity converted to monochrome.

Richard

Nikon D800 + Nikon 70-300mm VR - 1/250@f18 - ISO250 - EV= -0.33

Image 1. Orginal

Image 2. Following the contrast and clarity tweeks in Lightroom 5

Image 3. Converted to Monochrome using Nik Silver Efex pro and then a few very mild tweeks again.

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Izzie Gold Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2011Sat 12-Oct-13 08:29 AM
839 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Mike Hagen's Hazy Image Tricks - My attempt!"
In response to Reply # 0

Chesterfield, US

What a good transformation! The image in B/W is good. I like that last one better. Learn and learn more...

Fly safe, drive safe and keep safe.
G'day and G'lock....
Izzie

GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS
My Nikonians Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009Sat 12-Oct-13 08:47 AM
3352 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Mike Hagen's Hazy Image Tricks - My attempt!"
In response to Reply # 1

Dyserth, GB

Thanks Izzie, I'm just working on a few more

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) topic #67681 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.