nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
RazorAndy

US
22 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RazorAndy Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Aug 2013
Wed 04-Sep-13 03:26 AM

This might be a verboten question, but I found myself wanting to contract out some post process work on some images that I wanted to really look their best.

I work mostly in a Linux environment, so I get by with UFRaw and Gimp for a lot of what I do in PP, but my candid assessment of my skills is that I'm really on the basic end of the learning curve.

Since I didn't have the time to sit on said pictures, I did some googling of contract photoshop sites. Most would do the basics of what I wanted in working over the colors/whitebalances, etc for a pretty wide range of fees. All the sites looked like they could deliver the goods, but I'm a pretty cynical guy and want to limit the number of times I light a $20 bill on fire!

Has anyone used a service like that? Good/bad? What sort of rates should be expected? Any concerns with those sites being off-shore?

Thanks for any/all advice!

Andy

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Subbing Post Processing